Strawberry and Banana

My eyes open to see my own ceiling. I'm in my own bed, and a feeling of relief comes over me but is quickly followed by dread. I cannot believe I lied to Benji and Jorge about who liked. Addy made me feel something that I've never felt before. Despite how cheesy it may be, kissing Addy was like magic. I feel giddy, and I'm not even out of bed yet. You can't stop thinking about Addy, but the thought of confessing my fake attraction to Chase Hudson is still softly lingering through my mind. I push off the covers and get out of bed. I look outside my sunny window. "I cannot believe this happening," I think to yourself. I walk downstairs, not eating breakfast to avoid mother from scolding me, and walk out of the door. It's too early for the bus, so I walk to school. I put in my AirPods and start to listen to Billie Eilish's "idontwannabewithyouanymore" Her lyrics speak to me. She's really relatable.

I arrive at school still very early. I go to the cafeteria to find a place to sit and lay your head, but then you encounter Benji and Jorge. They're sitting down and motioning you over for an impromptu meeting you suppose. You walk over reluctantly, but still a bright facade, to the two boys.

"Hey, Y/N," Benji says grinning while he is patting the seat next to him. You sit down next to Benji, quite uncomfortable. Sitting across from you is Jorge also grinning at you.

"Hey, sisters," I say in their Gay™ language. I heard the gays love this YouTuber named James Charles, so when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Both Benji and Jorge chuckled at the same time. Wow, couple things. I start to smile and enjoy their company, slowly forgetting about the incident from the previous night.  We all start to talk... about really anything: anecdotes, jokes. Jorge told me about how a dick pic started their relationship, all in his cute Spanish accent. Wow, I can understand him. I guess I can speak three languages: English, Gay™, and Spanish. Even before school started and that I only met them yesterday, I'm confident to say Benji and Jorge are my friends.

I loosen myself up, now at ease, but then, Benji puts his arm around me in a friendly manner; however, my body didn't take it that way. Heat fills my body like the heroine in Demi Lovato's bloodstream. I look at Benji, then at Jorge, then at Benji. They're still both happy and talking to each other. I take a closer observation at Benji. He's cute. He has a sweet nose and soft, smooth baby face, not to mention his nice hair.

"Wait! Do I like Benji Krol?" I think to myself. I fall into a small slump, but then to a realization. That means I'm not a lesbian, and I don't really like Addy. My happy realization slowly turns upside-down. I start thinking about Addy. Her beautiful face, her smooth, slick hair, and the way she made me feel. I am back to my slump, and I remain quiet as if I paused my Billie Eilish playlist on Spotify. Benji and Jorge continue their banter but is interrupted by the first-period bell.

"It was great talking to you, " Benji says starting to stand up with a slight smile. "Oh, and I hope you and..." Benji snaps his fingers to try to remember the name, "Chase goes well."

"Yeah, Chase..." I respond with a fake grin. "Bye Benji. Bye Jorge." They both leave the cafeteria together.

I stay in the cafeteria for a few more seconds collecting my thoughts. Maybe I like both Benji and Addy, and my mind is fighting over who to pursue. You stand up and walk to your next class, still with the thought in your head.

((Skip next chapter))