Chapter 6

-Edited-

(Reader's pov)

*Continuing from the last chapter*

"The master of this castle is who I am" a gruff voice announced still cloaked in darkness.

Belle ran back to the door that prevented us from our father and stood in front of it protectively. I also made my way over and stood in front of Belle my bow still loaded with an arrow.

"We've come for our father please let him out, can't you see that he's sick" Belle pleaded, peering over my shoulder fearfully. I scanned the darkened area and locked eyes with striking blue eyes disguised in darkness.

"But he shouldn't of trespassed here" The gruff voice boomed making Belle begin to quiver.

I saw the eyes slowly make their way towards us and lifted my bow up close to my face ready to shoot

"Don't you dare take a step closer" I warned the mysterious figure plunged in darkness.

The blue eyes heaved my warning and stopped where they stood.

"But he could die! Please, I'll do anything" Belle begged, flopping to the floor.

"Belle what are you doing?" I questioned her, I motioned for her to get up but she ignored me.

"There's nothing you can do, he's my prisoner" The blue eyes moved position over to where there was moonlight shining through a flogged window.

Since the person moved close to the window, i could see a faint outline of his figure. The figure glared at us with their brilliant blue eyes before turning away and moving to walk through the archway. When I saw this, I relaxed my stance but didn't unload my bow.

"Oh, there must be some way I can wait!" Belle yelled, reaching out for the figure.

The figure stopped in their tracks and glanced at us from over their shoulder waiting for Belle's reply.

"Belle, what are you doing? we have nothing to give him to exchange father for!" I admitted, staring down at her.

She stared at me back and gave me a slight smile and turned to the figure.

"Take me instead" Those words shook me to my core. I dropped my bow and keeled down next to Belle with my hands on her shoulders shaking her.

"What are you thinking! you can't do that, do you know how crazy you are sounding right now!" Belle ignored my words and stared at the figure waiting for an answer.

"No! you can't do this" I shot up from my position and stood slightly in the window's light. I laid my hand on my chest and hid Belle behind me.

"Take me" Belle and dad tried to convince me to stop but I wouldn't "I can be handy for you, I can hunt, wash dishes and clothes, cook and many more. Take me instead of my sister"

Everyone was quiet, the figure turned completely towards us.

"You two would take his place?"

"If I did, would you let him go?" I questioned the figure with confidence.

The figure crept closer to me "Yes, but you must promise to stay here forever"

I thought over my answer and knew what I was going to say but curiosity got me.

"Come into the light"

At my request, I watched a furry foot slide into the light until their whole body was revealed. I heard Belle gasp behind me.

Before me stood a man who resembled more of a beast than a man but I didn't shake in fear, no! I stood bravely in front of the beast, not breaking eye contact.

"You have my word" The figure glared at me and stomped past me to where Belle and dad were and opened dad cell.

Dad wobbled over to me with Belle and they both hugged me in tears.

"No (Y/N) listen to me, I'm old I've lived my life yo-" but dad was cut off. The beast grabbed Belle and dad by the back of their coats and dragged them out the door.

I heard their cries long after they left me. They pleaded with the Beast to let my go and called my name but I didn't reply.

I felt tears build up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall.