Chapter 17

-Edited-

(Reader's Pov) 

It was the day after the Beast showed me the Archery area and I have to say, I have started seeing the Beast in a new light. He has become much nicer and pleasant to be around.

At this moment I am having some breakfast with the beast. I took another spoon full of Mr's Potts's lovely porridge and put it close to my face but when I looked up from it I saw the beast eating his meal like a wild animal.

Bits of porridge were going everywhere and most of it was on him! most girls would be disgusted at the site but I can't judge him after how we have bonded over the last couple of days.

He noticed me staring at him and froze. He was stared at me, waiting for me to pull a disgusted face or something but I just smiled gently at him and nodded my head to my spoon then took a sip out of it.

During all that he watched me like a hawk but I wasn't deterred. The beast straightened his posture causing me to watch all the food he had on him to drip onto his lap. When he glanced up he peered at where I was staring and grimaced.

He quickly wiped his face with his sleeve and used a napkin to try and scoop all the rest. When he was done he called a servant over and gave them the dirty rag.

I nearly laughed when I say the servant's face when they turned away from the beast. Their face was conveying the most disgusted look ever. 

I tried to hide my smile behind my hand but I accidentally snorted in laughter. Hearing me laugh the servant looked at me they blushed in embarrassment at being caught. They bowed and rushed away. After that, I was still giggling in laughter and turned away from where I say the servant disappear from to meet the eyes of the beast.

The Beast was staring at me with a smile and a glazed over look but when he noticed that I was smirking at him his nose went a dark shade of red and he glanced down at his meal. 

This caused me to giggle quietly in amusement at how cute he was acting and when I looked at him again he was struggling with using the spoon.

*Must be a bit hard for him*

I placed my spoon down and picked up my bowl and sipped from it. The beast seeing my actions smiled and did the same thing

*Time skip*

In the afternoon, I asked the Beast to take a stroll with me with the gardens and there we were.

We were walking along pleasantly on the snow until we came across some birds peaking around in the snow for food. I grabbed the Beast's arm and pulled him towards them not noticing his blush when I did.

We stopped a bit away from the group and I let go of the Beast's arm to grab some seeds I had in my pocket. Yes, I can be girly.... fight me.

Picking some up with my fingers, I spread them on the ground and watched with a smile the birds jump over and start eating.

Looking over my shoulder I noticed the Beast standing a couple of steps behind me watching the birds hesitantly.

"You afraid of birds?" I asked him, he glanced away from the birds to me and shook his head.

"No no I am not. I'm here so I don't scare them away from you" He explained nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

Touched by his words I walked over to him and took his arm again and pulled him over.

"Here give me your hands like this" I turned my hands over so my palms faced the sky so the Beast would so the same.

He gave me his hands like that and I placed a pile of seeds in his hands and nudged him over to the birds.

He nervously looked over his shoulder at me which I smiled at him to try and ease him.

He turned to the bird's again and crouched low to them extending his hands too. The birds pranced over to his hands curiously but he scared them when he got too excited and thrust his hands at them.

Still crouched he waddled over to where they landed and tried again but to no luck.

*He's so cute* I thought while watching him try and feed the birds.

I crouched beside him and rested my hand on his arm for support and smiled at him "Here let me help"

I grabbed some seeds and placed them like a trail in front of his hands to get a bird to hopefully jump on and it did.

The Beast's eyes went wide in happiness and looked at me with the biggest smile ever which made me smile back.

I got distracted by another bird that landed on my arm and walked away for a moment and when I looked back I saw the beast being swarmed with the birds which made me laugh a lot.

But my laughing stopped when I felt something hit me in the leg and when I glanced down it was snow, I peered up at the beast to see him smirking at me while throwing some snow in the air.

The Beast and I had a snowball fight for the rest of the day and it was soo much fun!

*The Beast doesn't seem to be that bad*