Chapter 7

ACE

Cameron's sister. She's Cameron's sister. Cameron is Rose's brother.
It's like the universe is trying to tell me something.
When I saw her coming down the stairs, my heart stopped. At first I thought I was hallucinating, considering I had been thinking about her nonstop, and the close resemblance between Cameron and Rose right when I met him.
Wait...
Is that why I liked him in the first place? Because he looked like Rose?
No. The guy's pretty funny and cool to hang out with. Yeah. Let's go with that.
And goddamn it, when Rose came back down the stairs wearing the tightest blue jeans I have ever seen, and a short sleeve black top that hugged her curves, with a deep V, ending just above her nipples, the swells of her breasts peeking out, I had to bite my knuckles to keep from groaning.
Her black high heel stilettos made it all even sexier.
I drove us in my black Jeep Wrangler up to the best club in the city. Best drinks, best music, hottest girls.
Yeah. Tonight I'm gonna take home a women to get me over this little Rose obsession. That's all I need. Someone to remind me who I really am.
At the door we showed our IDs to the bouncer. All Rose had to do was flash a seductive smile and bat her eyelashes in his direction and he wouldn't even ask to see her ID. What the hell?
Can't blame him. Her body is literally stolen from an angel. Her curves could bring any man to their knees and beg. And her legs are the kind any man would dream being in between. And oh god help me, I'm one of those men.
We make our way through the crowds of dancing and drunk people and find a high round table beside the far wall.
I pull out a chair and hold my hand for Rose to grab. She looks at my hand in surprise and then wears a small smile and grabs my hand. I smile.
I help her up in the high chair and take my own right next to her.
"Thank you." She quietly says.
I respond with a smile.
When did I start pulling chairs out for girls?
The waitress comes to our table and asks for our orders.
"Round of shots please." Dustin orders.
Rose tenses up beside me. I look to her to see her face wearing a forced smile but her eyes tell a different story.
I reach my hand out and place it on her knee.
Her eyes move to mine. I give her leg a squeeze, "you alright?" I ask.
She lets out a nervous chuckle and nods. "Yeah I've just never had alcohol before."
My eyes widen, but also not at all surprised. "Really?"
She nods quickly.
She's so cute.
"You don't have to have any if you don't want to." I comfort.
Her eyes widen, as if she was expecting me to encourage her to drink.
I would never.
She smiles brightly, making my heart stop.
"Plus we need a DD." I smile.
She laughs, drawing a few guys attention in her direction. I mean with such a beautiful and magnetic smile like hers, who wouldn't look at her?
God dammit! What the fuck am I saying? She's just a girl. Like every other one out there. Like Ellie.
Ugh, but why does Rose seem so different from the rest?
Our shots arrive and we get drunk.
***
5 or maybe idk 6 shots later, I'm on the dance floor. A pretty girl grinding up on me. The girl I'm gonna take home later tonight. The girl who will get my mind off Rose once and for all.
My hands roam up the strangers thighs, up her stomach and stop just below her chest. Her ass grinding into my crotch. Not a big ass, but it'll do.
You know who does have a nice ass? Rose.
No. Nope. No no. No thinking of Rose.
The blonde stranger turns around and hooks her arms around my neck and she starts kissing her way up my jaw, my hands swaying with her hips. Nonexistent hips.
You know who has the most amazing curves though?
Rose.
Rose. All I can fucking think about is Rose.
Shit. I can't dance like this.
I take her arms from around my neck and step away from her.
   She tries to follow me, as if I was planning on taking her away, but I let go of her hands and say, "gotta go, sorry." And before she protests I turn and leave the dance floor and head back to the table, where Rose is sitting.
   God, she's gorgeous.
Cam, Dustin and Jake are somewhere on the massive dance floor, hunting down their next conquests.
    I dodge through the people until I make it to Rose. She smiles sweetly when she sees me, making my heart swell.
    When I reach her, I hold up my hand to her, and she just looks down at it then back up at me.
    I smirk. "Wanna dance?"