Chapter 19

ACE

I just left her. I ran like a fucking pussy and left Rose. Damn it. I wasn't prepared for that. For Brittany to show up and to act like that. I can't believe she pushed Riley.
  I make it to the front door and out into the cool fresh air. I move far away from the house to get away from all the noise, all the people. I stop in the middle of the parking lot, lost in the mass of vehicles, and I take deep breaths in and out as I lift my head and search for the stars. The stars are the only thing that can calm me.
It's all my fault. I did all this.
I use girls, and I break their hearts.
  I don't mean to. I don't mean for them to fall for me. That's the last thing I ever wanted to do.
I start to count the stars. One..two..three..four...
  "Ace." I hear her voice from behind me.
I close my eyes. I can't look at her. Not now.
   "I'm sorry." I say, not taking my eyes from the night sky. "I shouldn't have just taken off like that." I apologize.
"It's okay." Her voice is getting closer. I can feel her heat at my back.
  "No it's not." I shake my head.
"Hey. Ace look at me." Her voice is in front of me now.
   I slowly open my eyes and look down at her. Her cheeks are flushed from the chilly weather, her pink lips slightly parted, her gorgeous blue eyes focused on mine, and her dark hair lightly blowing across her face. I can't look away.
   "What's wrong?" She asks with a worried expression.
   I laugh, no humor evident. "That's the million dollar question isn't it?" I shake my head. "What the hell is wrong with me Rose? That's what I don't get either."
  She shakes her head and steps closer, leaving less than a foot apart between our bodies. "That's not what I meant." She says.
  I don't say anything. I can't say anything.
Our heavy breathing increases as I just stare into her eyes. Then I glance at her lips. Her perfect cherry, heart shaped lips.
  She's too perfect to be ruined. And that's all I do to people. I ruin them. I break them.
"I can't stop." I whisper without thinking.
She narrows her eyes in confusion. "You can't stop what?" She whispers back.
I shake my head slowly and take a step back. "I can't stop being me. I'm sorry but I can't."
She's shaking her head fast and takes a step towards me, concern playing on her face. "No one's asking you to."
I laugh dryly. "But it's what everyone wants."
  "No Ace." She cringes. "No ones asking you to stop being you, they just-."
  "They just want me to feel something for them." I nod slowly, anger laced in my voice.
   Her eyes soften. "Ace..."
I sigh heavily, turn away from her and let my head fall back, taking in the stars again. I wish I could just live up there. Away from everything. Everyone.
  I feel her presence at my back. Her hand softly touches my spine. Maybe not everyone.
  "I think you're perfect the way you are." She whispers.
  My eyes widen. 
What?
   The loss of warmth on my back has me turning around and watching her walk back to the house.
   Before I even know it, I'm chasing her.
I reach her before she can make it out of the parking lot and grasp her hand, she startles at the touch, but doesn't turn around.
  "Say it again." I plead.
At this, she faces me. "What?"
  I step towards her, my face inches from hers. "Say that again Rose." I stare at her mouth, waiting for her to form those words again.
  She's breathing so heavily I can see her chest rising and falling every second.
   She stares down at my lips, lust playing in her hooded eyes. She steps closer until her mouth is an inch from mine. I can feel her warm, shallow breaths on my skin.
   Her hands snake their way up my chest. "I said..you're perfect the way you are." She whispers.
  My mouth claims hers.
I swallow the gasp that escapes her mouth, making her moan.
   Her hands tug on my shirt, pulling me closer. My chest flush against hers. My hands grasp at her back, descending slowly towards her ass.
   She gasps for air, giving me the opportunity to invade her mouth with my tongue. She moans into the deep kiss, her hands going around my neck, pulling me in deeper.
  I reach my left hand up to bury it in her hair. My other hand still groping her. I groan at how good her tongue feels against mine.
"Fuck." I groan huskily into her mouth.
  I give her backside a squeeze, a whimper falling from her lips.
   I back her up against a car, my hands grasping her neck, her hands grasping at my shirt. I tilt my head for more access into her sweet mouth. My tongue sweeping against hers. It's like I can't get enough. Not even close.
  I grind my hips into hers, her body reacting the way I want it to. My cock strains against my jeans, begging to be freed of this pleasurable torture. To be inside of her. She spreads her legs, giving me the perfect position to grind harder into her, the friction almost barely relieving the throbbing hard on beneath my pants.
  The sounds of our moaning and gasping being the only sound we hear, the house full of partying college students faded away. It's only me and Rose.
  Me and Rose.
After what feels like hours, I pull back to give us both a chance to breathe.
   "Ace." She gasps into my mouth.
My breathing is heavy as I try to form words. "I gotta stop now baby, or else I'm gonna have to take you right here on the pavement." I hold her head between my hands. I can't take my eyes away from her now swollen pink lips.
   Rose breathes out a laugh. "We wouldn't want that now, would we?"
  I chuckle. "Right." My eyes find hers. They're staring back at me with the same amount of hunger and admiration that I feel.
  Why does my chest feel so tight all of a sudden?
Why does she make me feel this way? Its not pain exactly. It's feels too amazing to be that. She makes me feel so much better than the stars do.
Fuck, she has me in the palm of her hand. I belong to her. That's what scares me.
   I can't believe I'm even thinking this, but I want Rose to be mine.
Only mine.
My Star.