Chapter 6

Jimin's P.O.V.

Jin  hyung when first saw me, his eyes immediately filtered out my turtleneck top, an eye quirked up because I was wearing it before even we landed in Korea, and it was warmer here.

"You sure are ready for the travel," he told me casually, though it seemed like he was pulling my legs.

"What did I miss?"

I watched as the others started to arrive in the hotel lobby, some on their phones and the others talking among themselves.

Jungkook was as usual aloof, standing in the corner frowning down on his nails. I did notice his foul mood, no questions there.

"We were asked to play a game," Jin continued, "for our bangtan bomb, but obviously since you two weren't there, the game had been dropped. The manager wasn't happy, but he let it slide since we were all tired."

"Oh, and here I thought we were late getting up for the flight."

"Yeah, you two should be more on time, but Jungkook is difficult to wake up, so I understand."

Now I didn't have the courage to ask him how much he had heard on the phone, but he definitely knew that we were together in the room.

"Do I need to be worried?" he pressed, flickering his gaze at the moody Jungkook who had not since talked to me. His jaws clenched shut, his brows furrowed. It was dark and gloomy around him, which the others seemed to notice since they didn't even try to indulge him in their random talks.

"He is being a brat, there is nothing wrong," well there was something wrong, but I wasn't in the mood to really speak my mind, it was a private matter.

"Alright, but don't hesitate to ask for me if something is wrong, I worry for you two, solve this before it grows severe."

I nodded, for our future and fans, we needed to be together, and fighting in the middle of things wouldn't solve anything. But Jungkook was not going to listen to me just because of a few smiles, and he didn't let go of things over time, he kept it stored away for later. 

I knew he wanted my best, but he was very demanding, he should know that what game he had planned was dangerous for everyone.

Even after we boarded the plane he did not make any eye contact with me, though he should have because it wasn't my fault, none of it was, and he should be more sensitive with me if his assaults were the ones who left various visible marks on my body.

The brat.

After landing it was a mess, reporters everywhere, fans all waiting for us, the screaming and rush of excitement in the air. 

I did not realize when the crowd got thicker and bodyguards started to maneuver us closer to each other. I noticed that Jungkook got shuffled in behind me and it was hard to see the path ahead with him that close to me.

By my own mistake, I stumbled forward, something flimsy on the floor had also helped with the cause. I cursed, trying to stop myself from fully losing balance. My hands flailing.

But Jungkook collected me in time, his arms around my waist, all warm and hard, pressing on the skin. He pulled me back upright, so that I was leaning more against him than forward.

I thanked him some and resumed my walk, this time his presence becoming too much. I hadn't seen his face properly since, but I didn't have it in me to actually look into his eyes.

My body still tingling with his warmth.

The ride back home was pleasant though, with Yoongi hyung and Namjoon hyung both being busy with their discussion on our next album. It was hilarious how one said one thing and the other immediately knew what the other was talking about.