Chapter 12

Jimin's P.O.V.

The restlessness was there before I even entered the project room. Our Bang PD nim was sitting at the front of the table as all the others sat on the side, looking at him.

"We are stuck in a very hard reality," Bang PD said, his face grim and eyes solemn, "we have dealt with many such cases which were never made public, our line of work isn't easy, but now the situation is different. Have you all heard of Yung Chai?"

"That foreign entrepreneur?" Namjoon hyung asked, his face lines worried as the rest of us.

"Yes, that man is now after us, it is said he doesn't leaves his target until they are broken to their core. He was also once accused of bribery but he ran back to China and hid for quite a long while."

"Why is he after us?" Jungkook asked seriously, biting his lips in worry.

"He is after us because we are making it big, but our base is still not strong enough to effectively fight back. We can't even report him because there is no evidence that he even blackmailed us."

"What do you mean?" Yoongi hyung looked curious, but his slight frown told me he was not happy with where everything was going. The direction of the talk was taking a heavy turn.

"The blackmail letter sent to us was anonymous, we are only sure it was Yung Chai, because he runs two magazines in Korea and both of their photographers were spotted around our office's vicinity."

"So it is just speculation?" Yoongi hyung looked shocked with the revelation, "We can't do anything with that."

Bang PD nim sighed, crisscrossing both his arms above his belly, he looked tired. "I know we have nothing on us, but this industry isn't selling candies, there are poisonous snakes everywhere. It is good that the fandom has increased, but it also brings in problems for us."

"What are you planning to do about it?" Hoseok hyung, ever the professional, even if worried, was to the point and blunt. Because the question was a million dollar one, 'what were they planning to do about it'.

"We will stay alert, if any further details have to be looked into, we will, but why I told you this is not because we are weak and scared, as an organization, you all are part of the system, so you need to be aware of what is happening, so be cautious, now more than before."

Everyone nodded, we all knew it wasn't a very big matter, worse had happened before, but they had to be vigilant throughout their day. As an idol their job was 24/7.

"You all are free to have some fun today, because tomorrow we will be starting with our new rehearsals, for the national award venue."

~~

The award show was one of its kind, since most idols were invited in it but the hype wasn't as pumped up as were our expectations.

The night was over in a blink and we got back safe to the office in separate cars.

But the calm broke as soon as we reached the meeting room, to discuss the possible scenarios and the next day event. 

"BTS's V rumored to have a girlfriend?" Our manager read aloud from his phone, "This is the news they published after the award show, so Taehyung Shi, can you explain yourself?"

All of us turned to look at Taehyung who was sighing in his palm, "She is a friend, not a girlfriend."

"But it says here she is you girlfriend, alas, it is not unusual for such rumors to spread, but do you know which channel published this online article?"

We all stiffened, with Namjoon hyung groaning, "Yung Chai's people did it, right?"

The manager nodded, "We will close this case, but please be considerate with whom you interact, Yung Chai is keeping an eye on all of you."