❤July Rain❤

Chapter - 7

July Rain

If you do not make time for your wellness, you’ll be forced to make time for your illness.

Naina read the quote written on the door of the flat 502 and the words really hit her. She found it really nice of whoever lived in the flat for every time someone would cross the door, he or she will read these lines and be inspired. She thought it was a great idea.

Her eyes searched for a nameplate but there was none, just the quote and she wondered who lived here. Whoever did, she was strangely interested. Generally she had no business on the fifth floor or above in her building because she lived on the fourth floor just below 502 was her flat 402. Recently she has discovered an English colored cat wandering on her floor and she loved giving her milk. She had tried finding out if the cat was someone's pet but to no avail she had finally given the cat her own name.

“Timmy?...timmy yimmy Timmy?” Timmy. That's what she called her. Today too Naina was behind Timmy to give her milk when the cat had escaped to the stairs and ran to the floor above and Naina had followed. That's how she came across the quote that she related to. But now her focus was back to Timmy. The cat was nowhere to be found.

“Tim Timmy? Where are you?” Naina searched and as she turned around to face 502 , instead of the closed door she met a familiar face.

“Dhruv?” She was surprised that he would even be here. It’s more than two weeks that they last met in the society  compound and after that she never heard from him. She wanted to ask Mr. Mishra if someone rented a flat or so, but there were five buildings and so many flats to be rented, how had she asked about Dhruv without giving away her interest in the person she didn't even know. She had assumed Dhruv would not rent or buy a flat in her building. The dilemma to go visit him on his earlier place was high. She thought maybe he didn't live there anymore and would have probably moved to a new place. Besides life was busy for her too to go pay him a visit and try her luck.

“Hey Naina” she heard him speak her name softly. Hearing her name with that care warmed her heart. He was smiling at her politely.

“You live here?” Naina asked him. She looked so innocent with her big eyes that Dhruv couldn't help but smile. It was nice to meet her again. He can't lie to himself after all. He did miss her or he did miss feeling those eyes stare into his. The more he thought about her the more confusion engulfed him. Honestly he was glad she was here. He heard someone outside his door and nobody has ever visited him in the past week, not even the neighbors living opposite to him. He preferred it that way, being secluded in his zone. But after a week of shifting here when he heard someone talking at his door he had opened it and now he felt nice to meet Naina.

“You wanna come inside?”, he offered moving aside and followed her gaze through his door inside the flat. Naina’s eyes grew wide. “ how come you didn't tell me you came to live in my building!” She exclaimed, walking in like she owned the flat. He liked it. Very much.

“I didn't know where was your flat, didn't have your number.” He followed her inside watching her making herself comfortable, her eyes wandering to the furniture he had brought in.

“I would have helped you unpack.” She said meeting his eyes, eyes that were warm and happy. She could see he was as glad to meet her as she was. The flat was identical to the one she was living in, the walls were colored similarly but he had less stuff in his house than she had, therefore it all looked clean. She heard a cat’s voice and then bent down to look under the breakfast table.