❤Paradise❤

Chapter - 22

Paradise

Paradise has never been about places. It exists in moments. In connections. In flashes across time.

It had been eighteen weeks of self care, eating healthy, taking rest, being fussed over for small things and being at the receiving end of everyone’s care and affection. Eighteens weeks that she had been handling the phase by herself, very bravely. Seeing her body change so much with her mental state keeping busy with the fluctuating moods of hers, was hard on her as well as for her family around.

And Dhruv was very much a part of her family. He had been very considerate of her since past week. She loved how he noticed small details and encouraged her to do better. In just a week, it felt like he had done some PhD in her medical condition. He was being the complete opposite of what she wanted him to be. She wanted cool. But he was a hot tornado whirring past her numerous times as soon as he’d come back from Gym.

But strangely, she wasn't choleric anymore. She found it very cute that he was trying to make so many efforts and refill that gap between them. She liked that if there was any possibility of an issue arising he didn't shut off anymore like he used to ignore her before. They talked openly everyday, she would supply to his queries and he’d tell her about the investments he was putting in for YouTube. Dhruv was never a tech savvy guy so Naina had taken on herself to handle all the online analytics for his channel. Naina was also reading a lot of theory on Nritya Shashtra, the Indian classical dance. She was well aware that the baby was going to keep her busy for a while now and this was the perfect time for her to catch up on some theory so that she could prepare some lectures on it and publish online.

Naina had talked to her mother about Dhurv and now she was also convinced that he was a serious guy and gave himself to her wholeheartedly. There seemed no threat for Naina from his side. Dhruv was being very understanding and accepting about where they stood individually and together as family.

There was nothing holding her back now. And she didn't want to wait.

Her baby bump showed and everyone was pretty aware in the society that she was pregnant. But now she faced them all with a smile without the fear of being judged and dealt with all the negative criticism even, with style.  Only because Dhruv stayed by her side. He gave her the confidence that she felt lacking at times when she saw certain parts of her body swelling. It happened a lot of times that inferiority would slide in her system but when Dhruv looked at her like she was his world and all he ever wanted, she always felt her insides warm up with his love.

She looked up at him as they walked hand in hand, into the hospital lobby. Naina was due for her ultra sound today and Dhruv had very cutely come and asked her if he could take her this time. She was more than happy that he was joining her today and it was a treat to see some red flushed on his face as he shyly glanced at a heavily pregnant lady from the corner of his eye. The Lady had smiled at him, a knowing smile that passed on to every first time to be dad. He just moved his lips in what he thought was a decent returning smile and then grabbed her hand firmly and turned into the doctor’s door. Naina wanted to burst out with laughter at his nervousness but she just smiled at him and rolled her eyes.

“What?” He asked in his defence and left her hand and she folded her arms against her chest shaking her head at him. “Nothing.” she smothered a smile.

After waiting for a few minutes, with Dhruv shaking his leg as he sat near her and waited for the doctor to arrive, Naina kept a hand on his thigh and his leg ceased to move.