❤Wounded❤

Chapter - 8

Wounded

To heal a wound, you have to stop touching it.

Next morning when Naina woke up, her eyes were really groggy with sleep. Ever since she’d gotten a gift of sight, she’d been taking care of her eyes real nice. She did her usual eye care routine that she follows and brushed her teeth. Looking at her reflection in the mirror, she made a messy bun at the back of her head and threw a shrug over her camisole. It was eight in the morning and at 9 she had a class to attend. It was the last day of Indian Classical dance today in her dance class and she was really excited, but that didn't change how  sleepy she still felt due to lack of sleep.She’d stalked Dhruv on his Instagram till the late hours of night and when he finally followed her back she’d slept.

Fighting a few yawns she walked to the main door to fetch the newspaper but on opening the door what she saw disappointed her. The milk container which she had intentionally left at Dhruv’s flat in the hope that he’d come to return it, was sitting right outside her door. So he had really come to return it, only that he didn't care to ring the bell and say hey? Didn't he want to see her?

Manipulating situations according to her didn't bring her advantage and therefore she was driven by emotions rather than logic. Naina locked her door and took the flight of stairs to the fifth floor above.

“Dhruv!” She called out as soon as she saw him entering the lift to go down. He heard her and interrupted the closing doors of the lift and stepped back out.

“Hey! Good morning Naina.” He greeted her, a soft smile on his face and his eyes doing a single sweep on her. She realized she was in her extremely bright cartoon PJ’s and should anyone blame her? She is in love with colors now that she can see.

“Hi! Going somewhere?” Of course he was! Why did she ask stupidly, it was quite obvious.

“Yeah! I’m off to the gym!” Pretty obvious by the large vest he wore under his grey Jacket paired with an indigo lower. His large frame kind of intimidated Naina.

“Oh you got that!” He pointed to the container which she held in one hand, a newspaper tucked in her elbow too. Dhruv could tell she had just woken up by her appearance.

“Yes!” She looked down and back at him with a slight accusation in her stare. “You could have rang the bell you know, you just left leaving that outside, I mean someone else would have taken it.” She managed to put out a point but that only ended up amusing him. “That!” He pointed, “Nobody will take it here in the society, and you're right,” he nodded, swinging his polo bag to the other shoulder, “I could have rang the bell but I didn't want to disturb you in the early hours of the morning, you must be asleep.” His soft gaze dropped in a slow sweep down while Naina was surprised that he was considerate but she was sounding like a hobo in his tongue.

“How did you know I was asleep?” She arched her eyebrows.

“Oh that, I saw you active on Instagram last night, it was late so I thought you’d be asleep.” Dhruv pursed his lips to control his smile as he saw the expression she carried. Clearly there was no way she was going to accept it that she was no early riser. He could have simply pointed out on her appearance which screamed ‘hey I just woke up’ but that would have done more harm to her image that she was probably trying to create in front of him so he steered the topic to last night.

“Yes I was awake but you know, when you have so much to do in the morning and you live for what you do, you love it, that alone motivates you to rise up and shine right?” She said with a twinkle in her eye and brushed away the bangs that didn't go into her messy bun. She was right and Dhruv knew it was true that probably she loved what she did, but the fact that she was didn't rise up early was also true.