• Trust •

~ Hey, babes! Thank you so so so much for 2k reads, you have no idea how much it means to me. I'm a pretty slow writer and I sometimes don't update this book for a long time, and I'm thankful to the ones who wait patiently for the next chapter. ~

~ Love ya! ~

~ xoxo ~

''I know this is probably the 100th message I left you... But I'm worried. I know you're supposed to be home now, Y/N. If you're not, please call me whem you come home. By the way, if you're mad at me, I really don't know what I did, however, I'm really sorry for it.'' Michael sighs, not knowing what else to say, for he truly doesn't understand the reason for your behavior. ''That's it, babe. Hope you'll call. I love you!''

He puts the receiver down and pinches the bridge of his nose. You didn't answer his calls the entire day and the last evening, when he wanted to wish you good night, just like he always does. He thought you were asleep so he didn't think much about it, but now he is extremely distressed.

Huffing, he makes his way to the studio in order to occupy his mind with something else.

''Joker!''

''Hey, Bill.'' Michael greets him solemnly.

''Let me guess... You had a fight with Y/N, right?''

''Well, not exactly a fight. She doesn't answer my calls, and I'm starting to get worried. I don't know, I should maybe go to her place and see if she's alright. But how do you know that?'' He furrows his eyebrows, puzzled by Bill's assumptions.

Bill shows him the cover of a tabloid. There are Michael and Madonna on the picture, from the last night's American Academy Awards.

Michael's frown deepens. ''What does that have to do with Y/N? I told her I would- oh my God! I didn't tell her about that! I completely forgot! Bill, we have to go to Y/N, I have some serious explanation to do.'' He says and they make their way to the car with the rest of security.

Y/N hates this woman's guts, plus she knows she's been hitting up on me. Boy, I'm in such a trouble.

***

The ride was one of the longest in Michael's life. All he wants is to explain himself to you and bring things back to normal. You two always had a good communication, so the lack of it, even for a short period of time, had a bad effect on him.

Once he arrived, he told his bodyguards to wait for him outside while he clears things out with you.

You hear a soft knock on the door and get up in order to open them. When you do it and see your visitor's face, your expression turns into an angered one. ''What are you doing here?'' You question crossing your arms.

''It's not what you think, Y/N. I can explain.''

You sigh and gesture him to get in. He does and tries to hug you after closing the door but you gently push him away. ''Y/N...'' He sighs.

''Explanation first.'' You demand stubbornly.

''Fine. She asked me to go with her and I agreed. My team thought it'd be a good move. I'm not into her, I didn't go out with her, it was strictly business. I promise Y/N, I love you and only you.'' You can clearly hear the honesty in his voice but the fact he didn't tell you he'd go to the Oscars with her is still bugging you.

''But why didn't you tell me?''

''As stupid as it sounds, I simply forgot. A lot has been on my mind lately, and I... I don't know, I forgot.'' He bites his lip and looks down, aware of the possibility of you not believing him.