• Argument with Paris - Part 1 •

"But dad, please! I'm almost 18, I'll be just fine." Paris pleads giving both of us puppy eyes. She wants to go on a trip with her boyfriend Kevin. I might consider the idea, but Michael doesn't want to hear a word about it.

"No way, Paris! I know what is in that boy's mind and I'm not going to let him do that!" He's always been too protective over me too, so I knew hell definitely be even more like that with kids.

"Dad! We're not gonna do anything, I promise. Geez, are you crazy?" She blushes but also frowns getting very frustrated.

"Michael, don't be like that. At least consider it, don't say 'no' immediately." I say rubbing his back in attempt to calm him down.

"Y/N, it's not only what I've just said. I'm afraid that paparazzi are going to stalk her and that people will stare and talk about her like they always do to me." Then he turns to Paris. "You have to understand that. We're not like everybody else, you must be careful."

"I'm tired of this hiding thing! First you cover our faces, then you stop doing that, but you don't let us go almost anywhere and especially without at least 5 bodyguards following us. I'm sick of it! I wish you weren't who you are so we could be a normal family!" She snaps before leaving to her room quickly and slams the door shut.

Michael sighs, his breath shaking, and rubs his face with his hands. "She's right. It's my fault that she doesn't have a normal life. I knew this was going to happen, I did. I just wanted children so badly and was selfish not thinking about how they'll handle all of this."

"Heyy... Don't say that." I semi-hug him and kiss the back of his neck. "She's upset and that's why she said that. Of course she doesn't like the parts she mentioned, but she'd never want to lose you, Michael. You're the best father in the world, don't doubt that."

He finally looks at me and tears up. "How can you be so sure?" He almost whimpers.

"Because it's true. You can't protect them from everything, but you're doing your absolute best and succeeding very well at it. Don't be so hard on yourself, please. I can't believe you said you're selfish. You are the least selfish person on this planet. Moreover, you're not selfish at all!"

He flashes me a smile to show me he's better now. But only that couldn't convince me. I had to see it in his eyes. His eyes portrayed his every emotion, so I always knew if he feels better or not. And this time, they lit up happily gazing into mine.

"Thank you for being there for me." He pecks my lips still smiling.

"You're welcome, babyboy." I coo and he blushes.

"I ain't a boy anymore, that's for sure." We both giggle.

"Well, you call me babygirl too. Why'd babyboy be different?"

He chuckles. "You're right, I do that too. 'Cause you're my babygirl and no one could ever replace you." He places me on his lap and peppers small kisses all over my face. I giggle like a schoolgirl at his sweet affection.

"Let's go to sleep, it's getting late." He says.

"Sure." We head to our bedroom and Michael winces as he sees Paris's bedroom door.

I squeeze his hand in comfort and look at him in the eyes. "I'll talk to her tomorrow, OK?"

"Please do. I don't want us to fight because of this. I'll let her go there." He says. "But under certain conditions." He adds the last part quickly making me chuckle.

"She'll be okay, Mike. I have trust in her."

"Talk to her in the morning. So it gets done immediately."

"I will, I promise. Don't worry. Let's sleep now. I'll tuck you in and cuddle you like you want it, how does that sound?"

He blushes. "You know me too well."

"I guess that's what 25 years of marriage do to people."

"The best ones of my life."