• 61st birthday •

~ I'm a bit late with publishing this and I'm sorry for that. Anyway, I hope you'll like it! ~

I carry the silver tray to my husband's and my bedroom, entering it quietly in order not to wake him up. I put the tray on the bedside table and get in the bed next to him. He lays on his stomach, hugging the pillow he's rested his head on and his curls as messy as they always are in the mornings. I smile at the sight and pepper sweet kisses all over his face.

"Michael." I singsong seeing a small smile on his lips. "Wake up, birthday boy." His eyes flutter open as they adjust to the light and he grins from ear to ear. "Happy birthday, love." I peck his lips and he sits up.

"Thank you, darling." He nuzzles his nose to mine. "You're gonna spoil and shower me with gifts even though I told you not to, I guess."

I chuckle. "You guessed right. And I won't be the only one."

"The four of you will never listen." He shakes his head smiling.

"Stop complaining and eat your food, boy. We're gonna go to the living room afterwards, so you can open your presents and have kids wish you happy birthday. Oh, and blow the candles of course."

"Don't you think I'm a bit too old for that?"

"You're never too old to be childlike. Guess who has told me that."

***

As we enter the living room after Michael finished eating and we changed to our day attire, all three of our kids look at him grinning and yell at the same time. "Happy birthday, dad!" Michael beams and my heart swells up with happiness. They hug him one by one, Paris taking the most time, for she's always been daddy's little princess.

"C'mon, dad, time to blow the candles!" She says taking his hand and leading him to the table where the cake is.

"Thanks, but I told you not to do this again too, Y/N." He says and I giggle putting my hands on his shoulders as he sits on a chair.

This time, he thinks of all the king of pop symbols we keep putting on his birthday cakes. There is always a silver glove, some of his iconic jackets, a microphone, fedora etc. Besides that, it's a simple red cake on which is written HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best father and husband in the world in black letters.

"Again, stop complaining, make a wish and blow the candles before we have to eat a cake with a bunch of wax on it." I say making us all chuckle before Michael does as I told him to while we sing him the birthday song. Our kids cheer and I peck his cheek.

We eat the cake while Paris teases Prince because of how much he eats. "I just love food! People who don't like to eat are crazy!" He defends making us all almost spit our food due to laughing too hard.

"Can we get to the presents now?" Bigi suggests and we all agree. "This is from me and Paris." He says handing his father the nicely wrapped present.

Michael opens it and finds a photo album. It has all of our pictures, beginning with those of Michael and me as babies and ending with the latest one we took together. "It's beautiful, guys. Thank you." Michael says smiling widely.

"Let's watch the one from me and mom." Prince says.

"Watch?" Michael raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, dear. C'mon, move to the couch."

We make ourselves comfortable on the couch and sofas as Prince puts the CD in the player. At first, it just says Happy birthday, dad/husband but then it shows a tape of Michael throwing a piece of cake on my face when we were younger. We instantly crack up in laughter, Michael being the loudest just as usual. The video consists of our crazy family moments, which entertained us quite a lot. The idea was mine, but Prince did all the technical stuff.

When it comes to an end, Michael giggles and looks at us lovingly. "I love you all so much, you know that?"

***

"See, it was good and you enjoyed the day even though you always say we shouldn't do anything." I say getting into the bed next to Michael.

"I just don't want you guys to feel pressured into making surprises for me." He shrugs.

"We don't, we actually enjoy it. Both me and kids are so excited to do something special for you."

He blushes and smiles. I peck his lips, snuggle into his chest and look up at him. Ages are evident on his face, but nothing could ever take away his beauty. It's eternal.

Just like our love.

~ Happy birthday, darling. ~