Chapter 6

Saya's P.O.V

A few days had gone by before we had found out the news that we were to head to the former Recon Corps HQ and take Eren along with us. So now here we were riding our horses through the woods to the castle where the Recon Corps' Special Ops Squad were to stay now. As we rode our horses all Oluo Bozado did was talk about the place we were going and he tried to intimidate Eren by acting like Levi does. It was stupid in my opinion. But amusing because his horses hoof slipped causing him to bite his own tongue and hurt himself. Well at least that was something I could get amusement out of.
"That's what you get for talking while riding your horse." Petra scolded him. Petra Ral, an extremely nice woman who worked hard when taking down Titans and also known by a few as mine and Akane's mother. After that he began trying to do more impressions of Levi which Petra and us all found a bit creepy. Did he really like Levi or is he just an idiot I wonder?..... Speaking of Levi, the way he's looking at the castle, though it's his normal look, I can still see disgust in his eyes. Clean freak. I rolled my eyes as he mentioned sorting out the dirtiness immediately. Ugh great! That means cleaning the whole of the freakin' castle!

Just as I was done cleaning I walked past the room that Levi had just come out of, and stopped when I heard Petra's voice talking to Eren about our father Levi.
"He doesn't come across the perfect, invulnerable hero people think he is, does he? The true Levi is surprisingly short, irritable, violent, and hard to approach." I left after hearing that whilst laughing. That was certainly a true description of Captain Levi Ackerman. It was also where Akane and I got our shortness from. I wonder how Akane was getting along anyway. We had split up to do the cleaning and so we hadn't talked in a while....

Akane's P.O.V

Whilst doing the cleaning in the mask we were given due to the dust, I looked out of the windows which had been blocked with the wooden shutters. The view was quite nice to look at, though half the land was covered in woods, which was good when it came to the hideout we were in. This was why the location was chosen even though we're far away from rivers, and society. But, that was fine by me. My thoughts were interrupted by a loud cough coming from behind me in the room. Turning, I saw Levi standing there staring at me.
"Can I help you with something?" I asked emotionlessly.
"Why are you and your twin on my team? I never asked for you two to be put in my team." He asked annoyed. He's never really liked Saya and I, but then again, it's probably because we do try to get on his nerves on purpose. It was too amusing, and also we found it hilarious how we knew that he was our father but he had no idea that we were his daughters. Even Petra had no idea, but from the looks Saya and I had recently been receiving from her I wouldn't be so sure about that anymore.
"We're here because Commander Erwin asked us to be. Why? You got a problem with his decisions? After all, he was the one who got you onto this team as well so I dunno if you having a problem with it is a good idea? He's a man with a plan." I taunted, a smirk making its way onto my lips only further irritating him.
"Are you looking down on me brat?" He narrowed his eyes at me in annoyance. He was just too easy.
"Not in the way you're thinking of but looking down at somebody with that height is rather easy don't you think?" I knew I was short myself due to this idiots genes, but pointing it out to him for his reaction was worth it.
"I don't think you're one to talk about height now are we? After all you are smaller than me." He huffed.
"Who's fault do you think is that?" I mumbled. Apparently not quiet enough though as he heard it and his eyes snapped to me in question.
"What was that brat?"
"Absolutely nothing sir." I teased, turning around and walking out the door. His eyes followed me as I did so but I ignored him and carried on walking. Father or not, he'll never know so he has no right to even try getting anything out of me. Besides, even if he did know..... would he even care about Saya and I?.....

Saya's P.O.V

After the cleaning was done we all met up in the large meeting hall and sat down around this big table. Akane and I only walked in half way through their discussion about plans that were being made for us to go out of the walls in thirty days. Eren's eyes snapped to us and he stared at us in shock as he realised that we were already in this team and not as new cadets.
"What are you two doing here?" He asked quietly as the conversation was still going on around us.
"We're here by Erwin's orders to protect you actually." I replied chuckling. "Don't look so surprised. We're not as new to this as we seemed, we're actually known as monsters like you are but for our own reason." His eyes widened and a confused look overcame his expression. Obviously he'd never heard of us.
"We're known as monsters because we enjoy the thrill of killing Titans and we let others know of this during battle. Our skills are looked upon as abnormal and demonic and so we're called monsters. Of course there's a reason we're like this. But that's another story." Akane informed him, gesturing to her scar across her eye and the scar on my cheek.
"I never knew that you two were known as monsters." He gaped.
"Of course you didn't, none of the new cadets did. Nobody really knows about us except for a few people who we've known since we were young." I shrugged. It was true. Not a whole lot of people knew about us, especially not our parents.
"It's true that we're in a unprecedented situation." Eld Jinn interrupted our little conversation. "On the one hand, we lost the Maria reconquest route that we established through huge sacrifices, but on the other hand we got an unexpected ray of hope." He ended with everyone turning to stare at a shocked Eren. Did he realise now how many people were relying on him? "I still have trouble believing it. You can 'turn into a Titan', but what's that mean, Eren?"
"My memories from that time are quite hazy. It felt like a selfless, dreaming state. But it can be triggered by hurting myself. Like if I bite....." His eyes widened as if realising for the first time that he knew all of this information without even thinking or learning about it.
"You guys know of this too." Levi cut in. "We couldn't get any more out of him than what's written in the report. She won't stay put though." He stopped to drink from his cup, though the way he held his cup was so strange I almost laughed, and I could tell that Akane wanted to laugh as well but we both stayed quiet. "Her meddling could even kill you, Eren."
"She? Who?" Eren asked panicked. Poor boy, he had no idea what was coming. It was at that moment that there was a bang on the locked door which was blocked so she couldn't get in yet as well as others. Petra got up and walked over to the doors, taking off the piece of wood which kept the doors safely shut. They opened to reveal her standing there smiling.
"Good evening, gentlemen of the Levi Unit!" Hanji greeted us. "Have you made yourselves at home in the castle?"
"You're early." Levi commented, going to take another sip from his cup.
"How could I stay put now?" She asked as if he was an idiot, which he was, whilst walking towards Eren with a gleam in her eye.
"Major Hanji?" Eren asked shocked.
"Sorry for the wait, Eren." She smiled looking down at him as he sat in the chair. "I'm charged with experimenting on the two Titans we caught alive in the city. I want you to help me out with tomorrow's experiments. I came to ask permission for that."
"An experiment?" He asked unsure of what to think. If only he knew how hyped and enthusiastic she was towards her experiments. She was almost caught in one of her participants mouths as she tried to communicate with it once. "What am I supposed to...."
"What else but that totally awesome thing you do." She said grinning, her eyes lighting up in excitement and a blush staining her cheeks as excitement and anticipation ran through her veins.
"Uh..... I can't give you permission myself." Eren stated looking slightly disturbed at how Hanji reacted. "I don't have authority over myself you see."
"Levi, what are Eren's plans for tomorrow?" She asked him straight up.
"Cleaning the garden." I did a double take at Levi for his answer and gave him a look that said 'are you serious?'
"Okay, then. It's decided! Eren, I'll be counting on you tomorrow!"
"Y.... Yes, ma'am." He stammered. Watching him react like this was quite a fun thing to do actually. Everybody thought that he was a monster and look at him, here he was looking unsure of how to act around Major Hanji. "But what exactly are these experiments on the Titans?" Oh no.
"Hmm?" Hanji looked up at him, her eyes sparkling under her glasses.
"Uh...... What exactly are these experiments?......."
"Stop that, don't ask her." Bozado muttered, giving him a warning.
"Ah, I knew it." Hanji sighed, going into her crazy enthusiastic side that everyone knew of. "You just had this expression like you wanted to know." We all began to get up from our seats and leave them to it. Poor boy, it's his funeral I guess...... Looking back over my shoulder I saw Eren watching us confused as Hanji began to go into detail of her experiments. 'Good luck to you' I mouthed to him over my shoulder before turning away and walking out of the room. Once Hanji started talking about her experiments, there was no shutting her up. This was the reason nobody asked her about them. I hope he gets at least some sleep tonight......

Haha, oh how I love Zoe Hanji, she's brilliant! :D poor Eren though he kind of asked for it xD well there's another chapter, hope you guys enjoyed it, I know it's like watching the anime kinda, but things will pick up as time goes by. If you throw all the drama into it at once it makes it less fun ;P hope you enjoyed it so far guys! x