Task Three Females

Writer: @UnexpectedVictor

Cyril is dead, and I'm here crying. I shouldn't be crying, I didn't know him. Maybe it's just the nerves I've gathered up knowing someone would die, but it still saddens me to see someone I sort of worked with gone. But he is. Nathaniel give me a reassuring smile, but Marie is too focused on what happened. Three people are dead. Three. Not one, but three. It really goes to show that no one is safe, at all. Because at the massive amounts the killer is killing people, we could all die. The other guests, the ones I don't know are looking at eachother with scared looks. One of them is the killer, I know that much.

"Alright, so where are we going today?" Marie asks.

"I don't care." I shake my head, wiping away dried tears. "Just...we need to step up our game today. So another one of us doesn't die."

"We'll be fine Alice, there's no need to cry. He was just a stranger." Nathaniel shakes his head.

"I'm not used to death okay! I'm a gymnast, the worst I see is broken bones." I shout.

"I'll go to the crime scene today." Marie shrugs. "Figure there'll be some good stuff there, considering it's a three person murder."

"And I'll go the last known whereabouts of the three of them."

"Which leaves me with the morgue." I say, biting my lip as the maids and Giles comes in. "Alright, I'll see you guys in a few." Some of the others go with me. Most of them are just nameless faces, and I realize I've isolated myself. If Marie or Nathaniel dies tonight, my group will be left with only two places with info, and we'll be practically dead. I should make some friends, but instead I find myself looking over the bodies quietly, by my self as the others chat.

I look at Matt first, because the others have focused their attention on the other bodies. There's no tiny details I can see, nothing big. He's badly burned and bruised and bloodied but the only significant thing in his hand is a melted button, clicker thing. I'll definitely have to ask the others about it.

The next body, Layla, I believe her names was, is practically like Matt injury wise. She's burned and bruised, but rather than a clicker in her hand, is a loop of keys, what I'd assume to be car keys. And after that, the final body is Cyril's whose again is like the others, and though he doesn't hold anything in his hands, there are some cuts in his arms.

I have to turn the bodies over and look through them several times to make sure I've not missed anything, because there's hardly anything to begin with. I know I'll have to ask Marie and Nathaniel about what they got.

As soon as I meet up with them we journey to the patio and sit at a table near the pool. It's quite for a bit, as we pick at the food the manner set out.

"So..." I say breaking the silence. "What did you guys find?"

Marie speaks first, "The crime scene was...interesting..." She says. "There was debris everywhere, and most of it was from this blown up limo. It's like they all got in the limo and were shot up into the sky. It had to be the limo because there was a bomb underneath. And get this...this is the really weird part...I think someone was watching them die, because there was a video camera on a pole, and it wasn't pointed at the closed gate, I'll tell you that."

"That actually makes sense with what I found at the morgue." I say. "It wasn't much but it fits, they were all burned, but Matt had a clicker and Layla had car keys." I say, trying to remember what I saw. "So Layla was driving, and Cyril was just a passenger. But maybe Matt was trying to open the gate, you said it was closed after all."

"That fits. So now we just need to know why they were in the limo." Marie looks at Nathaniel, who has put his feet up on the table.

"Well they were in the music room." He says nonchalantly. "No clue why but they were, and the music sheet on the piano had a note." Nathaniel state. "It said 'Run, Hide, Go where ever you need but please take these car keys from me."