Task Three Males

Writer: @PrestonWillis

As we were sentenced back to our rooms, Lillian winked at me. I walked back up to my room and sat on my bed thinking about who will be killed next. Thank God I was spared. That could change next time. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

A loud boom woke me up. What the hell was that? We all ran out in unison. That was weird. As we ran downstairs, we saw Giles standing in the dining room.

"I'm sorry to inform you all that it has been a triple murder. Matt, Cyril, and Layla have all been killed. Let's get right into it."

I looked at Lillian to my right and Charlotte to my left. I gave them each a half-smile.

"Who would like to go to the morgue?" Giles announced. I elbowed Lillian. She raised her hand. "And who to the crime scene?" Charlotte raised her hand. "The remaining of you will follow me to the last known whereabouts. AKA: the music room."

We walked to the music room. There were papers strewn about. There was a note that read: "RUN, HIDE. DO WHATEVER YOU CAN. JUST TAKE THESE KEYS WITH YOU." There was an open window and footsteps that lead into the grass.

I looked around for anything else. Nothing else unnatural. At lunch, I met up with Lillian and Charlotte.

"What'd you find?" I asked.

"Well," Lillian began, "Matt had a remote control in his hand, he was badly bruised and very bloody. Layla had keys in her hand. Same body condition. Cyril had nothing in his hand, and his body condition was the same with an exception of scraps and cut wounds on his arms."

"Thanks," I said. I gave what I found to them.

"And Charlotte?"

"There was a blown up limo with a bomb underneath. There is a pole with a camera on top. The gate was locked shut. I walked into the attic and sat in a chair. There was a computer. I turned it on to see security footage. Layla had keys and was getting in the car. Cyril and Matt followed. Then the car blew up."

"That's it?" I asked.

"Mostly," she replied.

During the predictions and evaluations, Charlotte, Lillian, and I all held hands in prayer. Wow, Lillian. You're very religious. I thought. It was my turn. I walked into the parlor to state my case.

"Hello again. I know exactly what happened. Layla, Matt, and Cyril were eating breakfast in the music room. You wrote them a note telling them to take the keys you left them. Layla took the keys and Cyril took the remote. They opened the window and walked out to the limo. Layla tried to unlock the car, but turned on the security camera instead. She finally unlocked the car and got in. Cyril tried to open the gate with the remote, but it didn't work. Matt took it from Cyril to try himself. But when Matt clicked the button, the limo blew up, flinging the trio into the air. Pieces of the car flew up in the air, bruising and cutting the three of them, killing them."

I walked out, feeling confident, and sat down with my two friends in prayer. I just hoped that I wouldn't be "scared" this week.