Chapter 3

I've never been great at social cues, but sometimes when I'm put in similar situations it gets easier to understand what people expect of you but those moments are few and far. 

Mannerism are easy to rely on, it has to do with posters and certain gestures.  

The second time I see her, she tells me her name.

The bell for lunch rang and I waited until everyone had walked through the door before I got up and did the same.

I hated large crowds of people, it was always so loud.

Instead of going the cafeteria, I headed outside and went to a table under the shade.

I got out a book and began reading.

It's strange how you can be so engrossed with something and the next thing you know- background noises start to fade out to the point where you hardly notice them. Then you find yourself entering the world where you can hear a characters voice or experience the adventure itself.

But I was thrown back into reality as someone had sat across from me, loudly dropping their folder on the table.

I looked up at the person.

She was smiling.

She had long brown hair, which was moving slightly due to the wind, she was wearing a dark red v- neck shirt, and her eyes....

Honestly....

They were beautiful.

They were dark green with flecks of grey and blue in them. But with the way the sun was hitting them...

They were shining.

"Hey", she said.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you this morning, you left before I could actually make sure you were ok."

"My name is Alexandera, but my friends call me Alex, what's yours?"

I just stared at her.

How can anyone be so enthusiastic?

I looked back down at my book, maybe if I just ignore her she'll go away.

But sadly, that was not the case.

"What book are reading?"

"Is it good?"

She wasn't fazed by my indifference.