Chapter 5

"This is going to sting a bit."

I bit back a hiss when the nurse started to dab rubbing alcohol over my cuts.

She didn't bother asking who did this or what happened. I was in here more often than not, she already knew.

We sat in silence as she finished up. But as she went to stand though she said, "Your parents have been notified, they're on their way to pick you up."

I was grasped by panic. My heart started racing against my chest and it got hard to breathe.

I tensed as the nurse laid her hand on my shoulder, "Hey, I'm pretty sure your parents will take care of this, ok?"

Oh, they'll take care of it alright.

If I wasn't getting beat up school-

It was happening at home.

And I am so tired of it.

People don't understand how good they have it.

They have friends who care about them.

Boyfriends or girlfriends who love them.

Parents who love them.

People who they can trust.

People they can talk to.

Nobody fucking understands-

I don't have friends.

I'm not in a relationship.

I can't be in a relationship.

What the fuck is a relationship worth?

Once they get tired of you, they'll leave.

My parents don't fucking love me, they don't fucking care about me.

My siblings never cared about me - hell - they added to the pain.

I can't trust anyone.

So nobody understands how tired I am.

And nobody will.

--------- Alexandra's POV ----------

I keep glances at the clock and no matter how strongly I will it, time won't speed up.

I couldn't stop thinking about her, I couldn't stop thinking about that girl.

God, everyone talks to me, I've always made sure everyone feels comfortable enough telling me anything. I've always been so determined to get her to say at least one word to me and I've always questioned as to why she hasn't. From the first day we met she hasn't said a word, just silence.

I've seen her around school before; she's never around anyone else, never talking to anyone and hell I don't even know her name.

But what that boy said - Matthew - she doesn't talk and I want to know why.

But that doesn't matter right now though, what matters is that she's being bullied.

How much of an asshole do you have to be to do that to other people?

I knew that something wasn't right with those boys and I still left, god.

How stupid can I be?

I left her for just a few minutes and they do that to her.

If I had been faster, if I had convinced the security guards that she had actually been in trouble, she wouldn't have gotten hurt.

When I finally got to her though, she looked so terrible.

Her lip was bleeding and her eye was swollen and I know that they probably cracked a rib or two...

Her sweater was all rumpled.

And God-

Her eyes-

It was like I was looking though her eyes.

Like there was nothing there.

She looked at me and, I mean of course she didn't say anything. But she didn't need to, her eyes were so bright and so dark just the same.

They were filled with pain.

And exhaustion.

Normally, you can't tell that just from a person's eyes.

But I saw it, it was there.

I look up at the clock for what feels like the millionth time, hoping that it's time for the bell to ring.

But again there's still way to much time left to go.

Ugh.

I just want to see her again.

I just want to know if she's ok.