Chapter 7

Alexandra's POV

The next day I had been really worried, I hadn't seen her all day.

Goddammit why didn't I ask the nurse for her name!

I had asked around about her and no one knew anything, she's our fucking classmate how does nobody know her?

I finally had enough and went to the office.

I opened the door to the office and headed towards the nurse, I gently knocked on the door, "Hello?"

She turned toward me and gave me a pleased smile, "Yes, how can I help you?"

"The girl that was in here yesterday?"

She nodded, "Oh! You're looking for an update, of course. Well I spoke to the principal and it turns out that the school board agreed to have cameras installed and they were a couple days ago and thanks to your statement we were able to deal out the proper punishment, it took a bit of doing considering who they were but" she shrugged, "actions have consequences."

I sighed in relief, "That's good, I'm glad, hopefully they don't mess with her again."

She let out a laugh, "Oh dear, they won't, I promise you they won't."

I wondered what she meant by that but decided not to question it, "Were you able to get in touch with her parents?"

She went to respond but glanced at the woman at the front desk, "You know, I shouldn't even be telling you this because it is a private matter." She sighed as she relented, "Yes I was able to get in touch with her parents, her mother said that she'd be sure to take her in for a check up."

I smiled, and suddenly an idea came to me, "I was asking around about her early to the teachers and because they weren't sure if her parents would have the time to come pick up her school work, they asked me if I was able to deliver her homework to her, I was wondering if I would be able to get her address from you?"

Hopefully this works.

I put on a kind smile and waited for her response.

"Oh." She stared at me for a bit, then glanced again at the woman at the front desk behind me - who I'm sure was just playing candy crush on her phone.

She was hesitant for a bit then gestured for me to come closer.

I did so and she whispered, "I'm so glad that someone's taken interest in caring about that girl, she always worries me."

I was shocked, "What do you mean?"

The nurse got up to close the door and walked back to her desk to type something into her computer, "She just - she's a lonely kid - I don't think I've seen her really talk to anyone, there's always chatter about the girl who doesn't say a word in class. Then with the bullying- god- that poor girl, administration does nothing to stop it and until now there wasn't any evidence."

She really didn't talk to anyone? It wasn't just me?

"What's her name?"

The nurse sadly smiled at me, "Her name's Evangeline, Evangeline Audun.

Evangeline.

Evangeline.

Evangeline.

That's really beautiful.