Pre-auction

Luke

When we walk into the room with the other littles getting ready, Melanie immediately stiffens in my arms. I tighten my hold on her but she begins to struggle in my arms and screams loudly, gaining the attention of several adults and children.

I didn't think about it being an issue because we have seen this so much it doesn't bother us. With her not having seen any of it yet, I'm sure it's pretty terrifying. There are rows of cribs, changing tables, tubs, showers, and through another glass window are doctors in lab coats and masks administering growth reductions.

I try to calm her unsuccessfully.

"Let me go! No! No! No! Please! I don't want to do this!"

"Melanie stop it. Calm down!" I try shaking her slightly to get her attention but she's having none of it. I motion to the bag that Ryan's holding, still trying to keep a grip on Melanie.

"Give her a sedative. She's not going to stop and I can only imagine it's going to get worse when we need to get her ready."

Ryan reaches into the bag and begins to prepare the needle. I look around searching for Michael who is a buddy of mine that does growth reductions. I finally find him as he is leaving the lab and call him over, despite the sounds of Melanie shrieking. 

He shakes his head and laughs walking over. 

"You look like you have your hands full."

He reaches a hand out gently towards Melanie and she slaps it away.

"Hey!" I bark at her, making her jump and cower back into me.  She definitely doesn't like getting scolded.

Michael just shrugs. "It's alright. I'm used to it. If you want to bring her back to the lab I can get her started on her growth reversal. I was told by boss man that he wanted her reduced. She already seems pretty small so it shouldn't take too long. How small are you wanting me to take her?"

Melanie starts to hyperventilate. Having cut out everything they've been saying so far she hears things like growth.... small.... lab and it's too much.

Michael watches Melanie... "you are going to want to sedate her first to keep her calm."

I look at Ryan who has remained silent up to this point and give him the go ahead. He's fairly new to this business so I think he's a bit overwhelmed too.

Melanie looks towards Ryan and again starts flailing in my arms. I grip her arms and legs and Michael keeps her head and neck steady.

Ryan jabs her in the neck once again. Melanie let's out a painful cry and starts to doze off after just a couple minutes.

Michael smiles at her.  She seems to be reacting appropriately to the medication which is a good sign for what's to come.

"So how small am I making her? You never answered my question."

I look at her and tilt my head trying to decide.

"Well the guys that are adopting her want a baby. So I would say around 6-9 months. I don't think they necessarily want a newborn."

Michael laughs "who does? But alright, that should work."

Michael checks her over ensuring she's asleep.  He turns her head from side to side and moves her limbs, checking for any signs of resistance. Seemingly satisfied, he readjusts his mask and reaches for her.

I am more than happy to hand her over at this point. I pass her to him and head off in search of some ice. I glare at Ryan as he holds in a laugh at my obvious limp and discomfort.