Showtime

Zayn

Liam and I arrive at the adoption auction early enough to still find a seat.  It's incredibly busy this time around and we find seats near the back of the auditorium. 

Security stays in the back but within eye sight of us, trying to remain as discreet as possible.  Due to our status and wealth it became a necessity to have bodyguards with us while in most public places.  And they have also become close friends which made the situation less awkward as years pass.  Now it's to the point we don't notice they're there unless their assistance is needed and then their presence is more than known and appreciated. 

It is always a black tie event which we have never fully understood. I guess to prove that you belong here because if someone were to come walking in wearing jeans and a tshirt, you would be shown the door. 

Liam and I are both wearing a suit with a light blue shirt, a black tie, and our suit jackets. 

When we take our seats we each take a moment to look around and see if we recognize anyone.  Only the elite are invited to these events and last time we were here, we spotted a few people we knew.  However, many of our friends and colleagues found infants the first time around so it wouldn't be expected to see them here again. As Liam and I are looking around, we hear a familiar voice from behind us.

"Zayn! Liam is that you?"

We turn around and spot 2 of our closest friends coming towards us.

"Harry! Louis! What are you guys doing here?"

Louis laughs and they take seats next to us that remained vacant. 

"Well Harry here said that Liam was telling him about this auction stuff and we became pretty interested. Only we want a little boy and I believe Liam mentioned you guys wanting a girl."

I laugh and nod in affirmation. "Well that's great. If we both get a kiddo, we will have to schedule some play dates."

Louis nods. "Definitely."

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that Louis agreed to this. He always said he wasn't ready for kids whenever we hung out together and didn't strike me as overly paternal. Then again, people said the same thing about me. 

We haven't hung out much lately due to our schedules clashing so it appears Louis has had a change of heart.  It would be nice for us both to have children around the same age, I think to myself. 

Harry and Louis live right down the road from us and we were all in a popular boy band for several years. We have remained incredibly close over the years and were ecstatic when we realized there were large plots of land situated next to one another for sale.  We both bought a plot and built dream homes fit for a king. 

I chat with Louis a bit more, "if I would have known you guys were coming, we could have rode down together."

Louis chuckles, "would have been a tight fit if we both leave with children.  Harry, here, wanted to bring everything but the kitchen sink."

I laugh, "oh trust me I know.  You would think we live out of our car with how much crap Liam made me bring. But we could have brought the RV or something. However, then Liam really would have brought everything including the kitchen sink."

We smile fondly at our husbands. Although they drive us crazy, neither of us would have it any other way.

Louis turns slightly to chat with Harry and I turn my attention to Liam.

Liam is practically hopping in his seat from being so anxious. I place a tan hand on his leg and squeeze gently.

"Babe please calm down. You're going to wear a hole in the seat cushion."