Good Morning

Liam

I roll over onto my back from my side where I was curled against Zayn. I frown and blink when I see that his side of the bed is empty. I look towards the window and I'm surprised once again to see that light is flickering in through the curtain.

My god... what time is it?

I hurriedly reach for my cell phone on the nightstand which indicates that it's just past 9 a.m.

Shit! Melanie!

I throw the comforter to the side and jump out of bed, quickly making my way to the bassinet.

I sigh and relax when I see Melanie still peacefully sleeping. Luckily, she's completely oblivious to my brief moment of panic. I run my hands across my face and through my hair as I breathe a sigh of relief.

A slow smile spreads across my face as I watch Melanie sleep. She had kicked off her blanket sometime in the night. Her legs were scrunched up against her stomach and her thumb had once again made its way to her mouth. She looks positively adorable and I have to physically stop myself from picking her up. She is obviously exhausted and I want her to get as much sleep as she needs.

I'm not new to the phrase "never wake a sleeping baby" and I don't intend on making the mistake I made with my cousin's infant.

I give her one last smile before walking to the door that leads to the hallway. I poke my head out the door and strain my ears to listen for Zayn but I'm met with silence.

He's not working today... hell he doesn't work most days. We have made millions over the years with our band and although Zayn has a medical degree and genuinely enjoys practicing medicine, he only goes to work when he is specifically requested. He also owns one of the best hospitals in the nation so he's not required to work unless he wants to or if he has an important meeting which he always knows about weeks in advance.

I contemplate calling his name but again, I don't want to risk waking Melanie. And depending where he is in the house, he wouldn't hear me anyway.

He's probably at the gym or out for a run with the dogs or possibly in his office doing paperwork.

I check on Melanie again and find she's still sleeping soundly.

"Might as well take a shower then," I mutter quietly to myself.

I go into our walk in closet and find a pair of dark green basketball shorts, boxers, and a grey tshirt. I leave the closet and head into our en suite bathroom, leaving the door open so that I can hear Melanie if she wakes up.

Melanie

I blink my eyes open slowly and yawn, stretching out my limbs. My body feels sore and while I feel like I've slept for hours, I'm still exhausted. I rub at my face, whining sleepily and let out a small yelp when one of my nails scratches my face.

I move my hands from my face and yawn again. I still feel really sleepy and consider closing my eyes and going back to dreamland. But then I notice that the room isn't dark anymore so that means it's daytime right?

But where is everyone? Where are the two guys from last night? For some reason I can't explain, I feel as though I miss them. A lot. Are they still here? Did they leave? At the same time, I'm furious because I'm an infant again. I didn't get a say in this and definitely didn't agree to it.

I turn my head in different directions but all I can see is a white ceiling and part of a large grey ceiling fan. I can see the white walls of the cozy bed I'm laying in but that doesn't help me much. Am I alone? That thought is somewhat frightening and I whimper, unsure of what's going on.