It's a ruff life

Zayn

After some quality time with Liam, we lay spooning each other. I give Liam a quick peck on the cheek.

"Nice job staying quiet babe. I think that's a first," I say with a smirk.

Liam playfully gives me a shove.

"Yeah... ok Zayn. You're one to talk. Can you check on the baby please?"

I glance towards the bassinet at the end of the bed.

"I'm sure she's just fine. I have a feeling she would be making her presence known if she was awake."

Liam chuckles, "I'm not disagreeing with that but please, for my sake, check on her."

I roll my eyes and give a dramatic sigh as I tug on my sweatpants and make my way towards Melanie.

I slowly and quietly open the canopy and can't help but coo as I watch her sleep. She had kicked off her blanket at one point and had her legs scrunched against her tummy, with her arms sprawled above her head.

I ever so lightly trace her cheek with my finger and grin lovingly as she smiles in her sleep.

I place the blanket back over her legs and stomach and make my way back to the bed.

Liam gazes up at me, already half-asleep.

"Is she okay?"

I lay behind him, spooning him against me.

"Yes babe. She's still sleeping like a baby."

Melanie

I blink my eyes open and look around, feeling a bit sleepy and dazed. I let out a big yawn and rub at my eyes. I look up at the animals hanging above me. Hey! I remember you guys. I kick my feet up and watch as they jiggle slightly from the movement.

I put a few fingers in my mouth and kick my feet a bit more. After what feels like forever, I get tired of entertaining myself.

I begin to wonder where the 2 men are and then I begin to wonder what happened before I was put in their care. I can't seem to remember anything before I came to be with them. I feel confident in believing that I wasn't always theirs. But at the same time, I don't know or remember anything about my previous life. For some reason that realization is quite depressing and I sniffle, letting a few tears gather and fall.

I take a shaky breath and continue whimpering sadly. I'm lost in my depressed thoughts and jump startled when 2 heads suddenly appear above me. But these aren't the heads I was expecting. No these are furry with big red tongues and pointy ears. I reach out a hand to touch one of these new found creatures when a loud voice booms.. causing me to jump.

That sounded like it came from the man known as daddy. I've never heard him yell before but I've heard papa yell and that wasn't the same voice.

My lower lip starts to wobble as I struggle to consider why daddy would be yelling. Is he yelling at me?

This thought is too much to bear so I do the only thing that seems logical, and start crying.

Liam

I groan a bit in my sleep when I hear light whimpers. Zayn and I had fallen asleep after partaking in some adult activities but I felt like I had only been asleep for about 5 minutes which wasn't too far from the truth.

I allow Melanie to fuss for a bit seeing if she will self soothe like she did this morning. It's good for her to know that she doesn't need to be held or entertained whenever she's awake.