Chapter Three

Hi. Hope you're liking it so far! I estimated from my overall plan that this will be about 24 chapters long.

Chapter Three

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the date on the muggle paper. It was September first. We have been on the run for over a month. After we ran from the cabin, Veronica and I had found it difficult to find anywhere to stay. We searched around different towns and cities in England, for homes that were currently empty at the moment. Those usually didn't last long, as the people came back from their vacations, but we did leave it exactly the way it was. The only thing we ever took was food and water, but very little. It wasn't even noticeable.

We didn't have any money either. We weren't prepared for this attack one bit. We took Nica's mom's clothes with us but they were very old. We needed to get some new clothes and unfortunately, we had to jinx the store clerk into thinking we paid. It was very necessary and we needed new clothes desperately. Veronica and I had just left one of the houses we have been staying at for two days, we discovered the muggle's who lived there would be coming back that afternoon.

"Let's go get coffee or tea, before we find the next house," said Nica as we walked down the small pathway. "I took five pounds from that house." She held up the money in her hand. I glanced it, we couldn't make this a habbit or we would be the ones becoming criminals."Don't give me that look," she said with a laugh. "There was about four hundred pounds in cash back there and I only took five for coffee. Those people were loaded, no wonder they were away on vacation to the Caribbean."

"Well, makes sense to me." It wasn't like they'd go bankrupt over that. Veronica and I each found backpacks, to carry our clothes around. We probably looked like tourist backpacking around Europe. We settled down into the small coffee shop and ordered our drinks. "I just realized something," I said staring at the paper again."It's September first, today's the first day of Hogwarts."

Reading that made me sad. Each year I looked forward to returning to Hogwarts and this year I was unable too. I wondered what Dasha and Eowyn would think when I didn't return. It also made me wonder what Harry, Ron, and Hermione would be doing. There was no way in hell they would be going back to Hogwarts, but where would they be going? Harry Potter was the Death Eater's number one target. I hoped he could stay hidden. And unfortunately, Hogwarts made me think of Draco. Where was he in all of this? I shook my head, I couldn't think about him. I wouldn't let myself.

"I wonder what's going on at Hogwarts," Veronica said looking over at me. "Now that Dumbledore's gone and the Ministry has fallen, who's in charge of Hogwarts?" I shrugged. "I hate not knowing anything." We were left out of the loop. It was awful being on the run. It wasn't like we were helping or anything. We couldn't even get letters at all.

Our waiter came back with a strange look in his eyes and put the coffee down in front of us. His dark brown eyes looked at us in a glassy way. How strange. Veronica gave me a curious look. So I decided not to pick up my cup, there was something odd about this place. "Let's go..." Veronica whispered to me and I stood up and followed her out the door. Without causing a scene, the two of us left the pub. It wasn't too crowded anyway.

We walked down the path in silence while trying to act normal. Currently we were on the country side, so there were no people around at the moment except for farm land. We had to find somewhere to stay for the night. "That was so strange," I whispered to her as we walked. I

"Not happy to see us girls?" someone said and both of us turned around wands at the ready. My heart dropped in fear. Two men dressed in layers of tattered clothing were looking at us with wide grins. There were two snatchers behind us. I didn't know their names but I knew they weren't Death Eaters. Snatchers worked for the Dark Lord, but they weren't officially members. There were a lot of them at Malfoy Manor last summer.

The battle began. They were aiming spells at us and the two of us just ran. We were rusty on our skills. I feared what would happen if they caught us, we'd be brought back. Snatchers got rewarded for things like that. "What are we going to do?" I shouted at Veronica. I threw a spell at one of them but it was weak and barely did any damage, except make him angry. My legs were weak and shaking as I ran. I went from training every day to being on the run for a solid month.

Veronica looked over at me unsurely, but we kept fighting, and mostly running. We ran off more by the trees but they were following us. It was hard to try and stay together. There weren't even any muggles around to witness this. Sometimes I felt safer with muggles around because it was less likely anyone would attack. But now we were screwed. "Body binding spells," Veronica muttered to me.

"Petrificus Totalus!" we yelled. At the same time, we stunned them and they fell to the forest grounds. We made it pretty far from the pub out into the farm land. Our spell wasn't going to last long, our magic was weak from rarely using it. "Come on."

I wonder how they even found us. Rather scary if you think. I looked down at the two of them with their angry glares. "Wait," I said to Veronica and knelt down next to one of them. I took the bag out of his hand and opened it to see money. I handed it to Veronica. I felt no guilt in stealing from these guys. We took all of the money they had on them and anything valuable, including their wands. It didn't hurt to have extra, and now there were two snatchers without money or magic. Perfect, we were actually doing good by stealing from them.

"Now where do we go?" Veronica asked me as we walked through the woods. "We have to apparate soon, because I'm getting tired and I don't want any splinching." The word made me shudder and think back to when Silvius got injured. I wondered how he was doing and what he was up to at the moment. I hated knowing what side he was dealing with. Then there was Jake, I wonder how he was doing from the wedding. Draco slid into my mind, but I pushed all the thoughts out. I didn't care about him, I couldn't. Veronica grabbed onto my arm and the two of us apparated to yet another location.