Nineteen Years Later

All was well in the Wizarding World. There hasn't been an ounce of fear in the Wizarding World for nineteen years now. After the rebuilding of Hogwarts, Headmaster McGonagall allowed me to finish out my seventh year with the rest of my friends, saying I had enough life experience to pass my sixth and move on. It was the first year that Hogwart's was calm for me, and I actually did well in my classes. Draco went on to work for the Ministry like his father. To his dismay, Harry destroyed his wand so he didn't have the power to make himself Minister, but working in the Ministry was a step. I had stayed with them over Christmas break that year. Lucius and I weren't technically on good terms but we were civil of course. Then I had graduated from Hogwarts alongside Dasha and Eowyn. Draco and I were officially together. It took all of my Gryffindor friends a while to get over the fact we were actually together, but then they accepted it. Like I was with Lucius, my friends were civil with Draco.

Veronica hadn't gone back to Hogwarts, but we kept in touch and I had stayed with her the entire summer before my seventh year. Quickly after graduation, my Godfather had called me and offered me a spot on the team. I played with them for a year but hated all the time I had to spend away from my friends and of course, Draco. When I got back to London, I got a job quickly at the Ministry of Magic in the Department of Magical Creatures, where I studied Vampires. Draco found it reckless but I found it rather fun.

Of course it still killed me to think about the people I had lost, especially Silvius. I had visited the cemetery to visit him along with my mother and sister almost every day I was in London. He was always there for me and I missed him with all of my heart. My father and Dane were locked up for life amongst many other Death Eaters. In fact, my father had faced the Dementor's Kiss. I made no progress of contacting them, and never would. Avelina contacted me about five years after the battle when she knew things were safe, I had met up with her once or twice in Salem. Being the oldest living child, the house was left to her.

She was married to the muggle man John and had one child, who was a squib. I think she was thrilled with that. She got to live her normal muggle life she wanted. Her life had turned out perfectly for her and I was happy. We still try to keep in touch and mend our broken relationship. Draco and I didn't fight...as much. Most of the time it was us only joking, we couldn't help it. It was just the way we were. Jake and I of course remained close as always and he married three years after the battle to Monique. Draco and I were invited to the wedding, and I feel as though a friendship was forming between the two. They could actually speak to one another without fighting. They liked fighting but in a joking way, I found it amusing.

Then two years after Jake, I was married myself. It was strange to think that I was married to Draco Malfoy, the boy who I collided to onto the train my very first day of Hogwarts. The boy who I swore I hated and would never trust at many points in my life. If I went back to my very first day of Hogwarts and could tell myself my future, I wouldn't have believed it.

It was the first day of Hogwarts, yet it wasn't mine. Draco and I walked side by side through the platform with our two children. We only had two kids, Silvius who was twelve was entering his second year at Hogwarts. He looked exactly how Draco did, from what I remember. He had the white blonde hair and grey eyes, just like his father. Elina took more after myself, she was only seven and had long blonde hair with brown eyes. "Why can't I go to Hogwarts?" Elina said looking up at me as she walked. Her name was a combination of Elvira and Avelina, my sisters who I truly never got to know. Her middle name was Rose, after my mother, who I knew I would have forgiven by now.

"You're only seven," I responded smiling at her and she pouted.

How strange was it to see all of my old classmates now with their children about to board the Hogwart's express. I recognized so many of them, Pansy Parkinson with her daughter, I still hated Pansy. I would probably always hate Pansy, some things never change. Seamus Finnegan was with his son and wife. "Carlie," I heard a voice and turned to see Dasha and Eowyn walking up behind me. "Draco," Dasha greeted smiling up at him.