Chapter Thirteen

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to have some time to work on chapters this weekend! So I will get writing! I hope you like this chapter. Finally they're out that cellar! Haha

Chapter Thirteen

"Jake," I said in disbelief as I hugged him tightly. I felt my eyes begin to burn with tears. I didn't know where he was. He could have been hurt or even killed. But he was here now and he was safe. "What month is it?" I asked quickly. I felt like I had been down there for years. I was more than positive that I would have been killed if we stayed there any longer. I stepped away from our hug but was hesitant to look up at anyone, I can't imagine what I might look like right now.

"March," Jake said stepping back. It was March...we were taken on Christmas day. For over three months we were trapped down in a basement. No wonder I felt so awful. "I didn't know when I'd see you again!" He pulled me back into a hug once more. I haven't seen Jake since August first, the day of Fleur and Bill's wedding.

"Come on," Fleur said in her strong French accent. She walked over towards me with a small smile. "You don't look too well, let me show you to your room." Thanks for pointing that out Fleur...but she was right. I didn't feel too good.

"I'll talk to you later," Jake said to me and I nodded. I did feel tired and weak. I followed Fleur up the tiny staircase and she let me too the room on the end of the hall. There were two very small twin beds set up, but in my opinion it looked like heaven. An actual bed. Not a stone cold floor like I have been sleeping on. Veronica was lying sound asleep in one of them.

"How is she?" I asked Fleur.

 "Not too good," she responded strongly in her thick tone. "She will survive, but will be sick for few days." I nodded and Fleur handed me a pile of clothes, "'ere. You probably want to clean up." I took the clothes and thanked her before walking off to the bathroom. Taking a shower made me the happiest person alive at the moment. I haven't taken a shower in months, how disgusting was that? I didn't even look in the mirror before I hopped in. I was afraid what I would see. I'm sure my face was covered in dirt and my hair would have been greasy and wild.

Stepping out I quickly dressed, then I turned to look in the mirror. I looked terrible. It caused me to gasp. I couldn't imagine what I may have looked like before. My blonde hair looked to be about five inches longer and thankfully it was wet, otherwise I couldn't imagine how out of control it may have been. And my skin...I looked as pale as my siblings. My skin was white, then again I hadn't seen the sun in months. My brown eyes were dark, wide, and dilated. The bones in my neck were defined, even my face looked to be skinnier. I didn't look too healthy, I turned my head away and went to lie down in the bed. Next to it was a remedy left to help me get better quickly, I drank it before falling into what was finally a good sleep.

That night Draco had popped into my dreams. When I woke up I couldn't remember exactly what had happened, but I remember Draco being there. I wonder what he was doing at the moment. What had happened after we left? I wondered if he was okay, you never know with the Death Eaters. I wonder if Silvius is okay? So many thoughts began to run through my head it was giving me a headache. I sat up and it was completely bright outside. I had to squint my eyes until they could become adjusted. At least we were by the cool ocean, beautiful scenery. Veronica began to come around. "Nica," I said standing up and walking over to her. "Nica, how are you feeling?"

She looked even thinner than I did, the bones in her face were defined. Dark circles under her eyes, like she hadn't slept in years. "Carlie," she said in a low tone. "Alright, I guess." She paused for a moment. "We're alive." It looked like her eyes were beginning to get watery. "I was almost sure we-we would be..." She didn't have to finish it. I knew what she meant, she thought we'd be dead by now too.