Chapter Four

Enjoy. You guys are awesome!

Chapter Four:

October then came and we were still on the run. This was beginning to kill me. Veronica and I worked well together, but this was getting to be too much work. We spared the money we had stolen. There was a lot but we saved it for emergencies only. At least we never ran out of things to talk about. Yes, we did repeat ourselves and yes we did argue a lot more but that's because it's just been the two of us.

We had been extra cautious since that last snatcher attack, keeping our eyes open wide for anyone who looked suspicious.  "I can't do this anymore," Veronica groaned as we sat on the bench in the park. "This is getting to be more work than I imagined. I wish, we could just somehow see what is going on in the Wizarding world. Only for an hour."

"Well....we could," I began saying but it would be a risk.

"Yeah right." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious, if you were up for it." I'm sure Veronica would be up for anything. "How about Knockturn Alley? We could go to this old Inn I worked at for a summer, she said I was always welcomed back."

"Carlie, can you imagine what that place looks like right now? It's probably packed with Death Eaters." I shrugged, but she was right. It took a month to make Polyjuice potion and we neither had the ingredients nor the time. "But...I guess we could try."

"Really?" I asked and she nodded. It was beginning to get dark out and we hadn't found a place to stay. We apparated to Knockturn Alley, it was risky but we just needed to see what was going on. We pulled out dark hoods on over our heads, from our sweatshirts, and ran straight into the Druid Tavern and Inn. Luckily it was raining, so that would disguise us even more through the thick rainfall.

It had read closed on it, but I assumed it was because of the Death Eater fears running around. Once we got inside it was completely empty. "Who's there?" someone yelled and walking down the stairs. I saw Cyprienne slowly walking aiming her wand at us. "Carlie?" she asked lowering it.

"Hi," I said smiling at her and pulled off my black hood.

"You shouldn't be here..." she began saying, "You're wanted. You as well." She pointed over to Veronica. "They're looking for you, and if they find you here we'll all get in trouble." I didn't blame her for being worried. I knew that if they found us here they'd blame her for hiding us. I suddenly felt bad for even coming here.

"Please," I begged. "Just one night. We'll be gone in the morning, I'll be on the top floor. If anyone comes, we'll say we broke in." Cyprienne put down her wand and nodded. She sighed.

"Alright," she answered. "You know where the room is." Veronica and I walked up to the floor and walked into the room I had stayed in. It looked the exact same, it was even smaller than the room I stayed at in Jake's apartment.

"We should take turns," I said to Veronica, "Sleeping. So one can be the lookout." Veronica nodded and she looked extremely tired, she had been doing all the apparating. "You can sleep first." She didn't even argue as she crashed down onto the bed. I took a seat on the chair, but kept myself awake.

"So much for taking turns," I heard someone say and then Veronica was poking me awake. "We both fell asleep." I yawned and sat up, embarrassed at my terrible job as lookout. It wasn't bright out, it was actually dark out and rainy. I hoped this wasn't how it's been since the wedding. Diagon Alley, even Knockturn Alley, was usually much brighter than this.

"We better get going," she said and I picked up my bag.

As we slowly walked down the steps, I noticed we weren't alone anymore. Cyprienne was working at the bar and there were a few guests scattered throughout the room. I mouthed 'thank you' and she smiled and nodded. She must only open it during the day, in fear of what the night brings. This wasn't so bad, once we got outside we would apparate. Then right as Veronica opened the door, Fenrir Greyback stepped in.

He seemed surprised to see us, but as he did he let out a wide toothy grin. Everyone in the pub began screaming and many apparated away. I turned to look at Cyprienne who was standing there in horror at the large man. I motioned towards the Floo network for her to run. "Look what we found here," Fenrir said stepping in. "Not so fast," he screamed shooting a spell at Cyprienne who was already engulfed in the green flames of the Floo network, she was safe.

Veronica took this opportunity to attack Fenrir as the two of us ran through the pub. "Stupefy!" he screamed and I felt the spell hit me in the back. I lost balance forward and slammed my head off the front of the table. Putting my hand to my head, I felt a bit of blood. Veronica pulled me up shooting back counter curses.

"Come on," she muttered but I felt dizzy. I couldn't see straight. "We have to move!" I heard her yell back a few spells as she pulled me up and we moved quickly. There were two of us, but he was huge and powerful. I stood up and leant up against the fireplace for support, I was extremely dizzy.

I heard Veronica scream and explosion of glass. From what I managed to see, she used 'Reducto' on all of the alcohol bottles and glass shot all over the room. It must have hit her, but from far I saw Fenrir fall to the ground in utter agony. He screamed and I could now see that he was completely cut up, it reminded me of what Draco looked like after 'Sectumsempra'. I stepped back but I knocked over all the Floo powder. It was all over the room. I heard Veronica groan as she grabbed my arm. "Come on!" she screamed.

I was still dizzy but we quickly ran around Fenrir's body, it wasn't going to be long before he got back up. We ran through the streets of Knockturn Alley, people began recognizing us and stopping. That meant, we would be found soon. "Where are we going?" I asked her horrified. I wish we could just apparate, but if we did that now someone might grab onto us.

"Keep moving!" she screamed back as we ran across the line into Diagon Alley. It was completely dead here, it looked like a ghost town. There were people though, and they did recognize us. We needed to get to a less crowded area because now we were being followed. "Just another minute." We were in front of the Weasley's shop but I knew we weren't stopping by, it was just really empty down here. Just as I grabbed a copy of the Daily Prophet, Veronica grabbed onto my arm and we were apparating away.

They're on the run for a long time, so I'm only going to try to write about any action that happens while they're on the run! If I wrote it day by day...there'd be like 100+ extra chapters. I know the chapters are short, but they'll lengthen up soon.