Chapter Twenty

Alright, only one more chapter to go. Much love, sorry for all the death and darkness in this story. Thanks for all the reviews & comments. 

Chapter Twenty

I was screaming at the sight in front of me. I reached over to shake him, hoping it was a mistake. Maybe he'd wake up, maybe he wasn't dead. "Expelliarmus!" Draco shot at his aunt whose wand flew out of her hand. She leaped back to grab it and he had me by the waist pulling me to the complete opposite side of the room, away from Bellatrix. "We have to move!"

"I-I can't-" I cried, not being able to accept what had just happened. My brother was just killed. I felt numb.

"Yes you can, or you're going to get the both of us killed!" Draco yelled back. I wiped my eyes, knowing he was right. If I didn't get my act together, what Silvius had just done would have been for nothing. My heart was broken, but this was all for him. I could keep it together for a bit, for Silvius.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" came the voice of Molly Weasley, and then Bellatrix was struck and exploded into bits by the killing the curse. Again, you get what you deserve. But what did they say about Silvius? He didn't deserve any of this. Molly was hugging Ginny as she had just killed Bellatrix Lestrange.

This was worse than the first half, people were dying everywhere. Draco and I were back to back, shooting off spells and ducking. My friends were being hurt...even killed. The darker Death Eaters who remained were ruthless, but dropping like flies. The Order was taking care of that, aside from the fact that half of the order members were missing. And in the middle, Harry and Voldemort were in full out battle.

Someone screamed to the left of me, I looked to see it was Jake being attacked by two Death Eaters. His right arm was bleeding badly as he cradled it while trying to fight back. "Jake!" I shouted and then shot the disarming charm at one of the Death Eaters while Draco got the others.

"I'll take care of them," Draco said. "Help your friend." Jake was up against the wall and I rushed over to him. Draco was putting the body binding curse on the two Death Eaters.

"Jake," I said approaching him. The up close sight was horrific. His right arm was completely drenched in blood starting at his shoulder. Part of his shirt was ripped where he must have been hit with a spell, as the area was covered in blood. He face was completely scratched up. "Oh my..." I said trying to remember a healing spell I knew. He was in immense pain, you could just read it from his face. Monique was a healing specialist, she would know what to do. I turned around to look for her, she was fighting on the other side. "Monique," I called, "MONIQUE!" Her head snapped toward me and I stepped out of the way so she could see Jake. Her face showed full fear as she ran full speed, ducking between people to get to him.

"What happened?" she asked her eyes looking watery.

"I don't know," I answered her. "Can you help him?" She was tearing up, but she nodded.

"I'm going to get him out of here," she said and then put an arm around his waist and she was pulling him out of the Great Hall.

I rejoined Draco, we continued fighting. This needed to come to an end, I hated to be impatient but what was taking Harry so long? People were dropping and all I wanted was for Voldemort to be killed. The spell I continued using was the body binding spell, it kept the Death Eaters out of our way and the Order could take care of them. I wasn't mentally able to use any other spell at the moment. From the other side of me, Nica was there fighting off Death Eaters with more creative spells, looking rather teary eyed.

"How are you holding up?" I asked her quickly, wanting to make sure she was alright.

"My father..." she said drifting off. "I just...had to kill him..." She shot a cruel spell at a Death Eater. I knew she hated her father, I hated mine. But killing your own father, I knew what Lupin meant now when seeing Veronica's face. That had to be difficult. Her eyes were tear streaked, now both of her parents were dead.

"You did what you had to do," I said back to her and she just nodded as we continued battling. We were being hit with spells, thrown back, but we continued fighting. I am more than sure that I was bruised and in pain almost everywhere, but this was all worth it. Too many Death Eaters were dropping, Voldemort and Harry were now in the middle. Everyone was almost silenced watching them, finally no more spells were being shot at them.

"SNAPE NEVER BEAT DUMBLEDORE!" Harry yelled at him. "He didn't have the Elder Wand!"

"The Deathly Hallows," Nica whispered from next to me. That's what they were talking about. I remember Harry mentioning he was afraid that the Dark Lord had the Elder Wand, but now I guess he didn't.

"I stole the Elder Wand from Dumbledore, within his tomb!" Voldemort snapped back with a large grin, holding out Dumbledore's wand and aiming it again at Harry who reflected it.

"You aren't listening!" Harry shot a Voldemort, who simply sneered at him. What an odd thing to say during a battle, but Harry knew what he was doing. "The wand chooses the wizard!" Harry quoted Ollivander. "Someone else defeated Dumbledore, before Snape! Before YOU!" This I hadn't heard about, everyone silenced around them even more if possible. People from both sides were listening, only some battle was going on but by now the Death Eaters were body bound or killed. "It was Draco Malfoy who had the Elder Wand!"

The biggest gasp escaped both Draco and I's lips. "What?" I almost shouted, but no one was paying attention to me at that moment. Nica gasped a bit from the side of me, turning to look at Draco and I.

"I...what..." Draco said in pure confusion, holding a look of pure and udder perplexity. The continued battling. "What," he repeated.

"Yes, but I can take care of Draco Malfoy after!" Voldemort snapped back at Harry. "You and I are here, with our own wands! I will take care of you first!" They were shooting spells at one another but I looked at Draco, whose face shot to pure panic after Voldemort's last comment.

"Th-this is my mother's wand!" Draco said to me, now in fear of Voldemort's latest threat. He had nothing to worry about, Harry would take care of this. I hoped... What happened to his wand though? What did he mean by that...I had to think, where was the Elder Wand now?

"You're too late!" Harry shouted once more. "Because I stole it from Draco weeks ago!" I completely remember, when we escaped with Dobby. Harry fought Draco's wand from him, it was Harry. He had the Elder Wand. I only hoped the legends of the Deathly Hallows were true, if so, then Harry was in favor for the win. Realization registered on the Dark Lord's face.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Voldemort yelled in rage, aiming his wand at Harry.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Harry shot back, snapping the Elder Wand straight at Voldemort's chest. A loud explosive sound hit the air as many of us fell back. Nica fell to my right and Draco fell to my left, holding onto my hand as we all sat there looking up. None of us moving, watching closely as colors from each wand appeared in the air like liquid slamming together into the middle. Green poured out from Voldemort's side as Harry's gleamed red.

Then the wand in Voldemort's hand flew out from his grip and was snatched by Harry when the disarming charm hit him. The green light faded as the red struck Voldemort straight into the chest. Voldemort began falling back towards the ground, screaming in fury before his body erupted into a thousand small black pieces like what had happened with Bellatrix. He was dead, the Dark Lord was dead.

Cheerful screams erupted around us. Nica hugged me and then rushed to hug Sonny. Harry was tackled by Ron, Hermione, and Ginny into a tight hug as everyone was screaming in joy. Draco pulled me into a tight hug, relief flooded from me as I could know rest knowing the Dark Lord was dead. I could cry of joy, but I've cried to much these past few hours. Everyone was for this moment though, the war was over and finally, Voldemort has met his end.