Chapter 9

Dong-Min

"Let's go to a cafe," Jeong-Hui grabbed my hand guiding me along the streets. 

"Which cafe are we going to?" I asked being drawn to the cafe.

"You'll find out," she turned around winking. Why does it feel so hot?

After a few minutes, we came by a small cafe with outdoor seating and a few customers drinking and talking with each other. Jeong-Hui dragged me inside the cafe still holding my hand even when we were ordering.

"What would you like to order?" the male employee asked.

"Can I get a cappuccino?" I asked.

"Of course, and what would the lovely lady next to you want?" the employee asked looking at Jeong-Hui. When I looked over to her she looked uncomfortable, she was fumbling with her hands and kept looking at the menu.

"Ah, I'll just get banana milk and two orders of cookies," she said not able to look at the employee.

"Is that all, sugar?" the employee said.

"Yes, that's all." 

"That would be 11,750 won, sweetheart," the employee smirked.

Jeong-Hui grabbed her wallet but I stopped her before she could. I grabbed my own wallet and paid for the drinks.

"Thank you, and don't worry I'll personally deliver the order to you," the employee looked at Jeong-Hui and even winked. I vomited in my mouth right when he winked at her and I could tell how uncomfortable Jeong-Hui was.

"Thank you," Jeong-Hui awkwardly laughed looking at me for help.

"Well thanks... we're going to go now," I said getting in the way.

"Ok, I'll see you in a bit," he winked leaning towards Jeong-Hui.

Still holding Jeong-Hui's hand I pulled her to a table, away from the employee. "Why didn't you tell him to stop?"

"I mean I was feeling uncomfortable but I didn't want him to feel as uncomfortable... I don't know. If anything, I would feel more uncomfortable confronting him," Jeong-Hui shyly told me.

"Aww... you're too precious," I pinched her cheek and pat her head right after.

*^*

"I'm going to walk for a bit, bye," I called out to the members.

I walked to see my hometown alone and just think about the good o' days. Along the way, I came face to face in front of a cafe.

The cafe was definitely a little old but none the less had some good promising food. As I entered the large cafe a bell ringed.

I walked up to a counter in front of the cafe where a lady was standing reading something. "Hello!" She said when she saw me.

"Hello," I replied nowhere near as enthusiastic as she was.

I glanced at the menu already knowing what I was going to order. "Can I get a cappuccino?"

"Of course! Is that for here or to go?" She beamed.

"Here," I said. I walked over to a table near the windows waiting for my coffee to be made but something caught my attention.

There sitting a few seats across me was her, Jeong-Hui. She was drinking banana milk which was not surprising, she loved the drink.

Finally getting enough courage I walked up to her, "You still like banana milk?"

"What are you doing here?" She asked. She didn't seem happy nor mad to see me so I saw it as a start.

"Astro disbanded and I want to visit my hometown," I said smiling at her just so glad to see her.

I had to stop myself from not just hugging her right then and there. I practically had a huge party in my head celebrating seeing my favorite person in the world.

"I hope you have a nice time then," Jeong-Hui stood up ready to leave.

"Wait, I wanted to spend time with my best friend."

She sighed, "Ok, but first I need to get something from my house."

"Ok!" I beamed.

"Do you want me to call you Dong-Min or Eunwoo?" Jeong-Hui asked me walking next to me.

"I don't care as long as you continue talking to me."

"I'll call you Dong-Min. I did meet you when you were Dong-Min, not Eunwoo, so it's more natural for me," when she said my name it suddenly got so hot and I felt so giddy like I could just jump around. 

"I'm actually pretty glad," I smiled so wide.

"Huh, why?-" Before she could continue her sentence someone cut her off.

"Jeong-Hui? Who is that?" A random man cut her off, he looked familiar though.

"Do you know him?" my eyebrows rose. 

"Dong-Min this is my boyfriend, Si-Woo," she whispered. 

"Si-Woo? From primary school?" 

"Yes."

"When did it happened?"

"Well... he went to my university for a trimester and we started talking and you could tell the rest," she muttered fumbling with her hands looking at the floor.

"Oh..." I said. It was unbearably quiet and I couldn't look anywhere in their direction.

"So... let's go inside?" Jeong-Hui said breaking the awkward silence. 

"Sure, but can I talk to you in private," Si-Woo grumbled, balling his fist.

"Okay..." she said then turning to me, "Can you wait here for a bit while I talk to Si-Woo."

"Of course, I'll wait here," I frowned waiting while I had to see Si-Woo dragging Jeong-Hui inside.

*^*

Another chapter! See I got another chapter out faster! Don't worry I think I'll make a schedule with a new chapter every Sunday. Wish me luck. Hwaiting! Love you and thanks for reading! Cya! <3