Chapter 34

Dong-Min

"Why did you call me here?"  Su-Bin asked walking alongside me.

"Well tomorrow, I'm going on my first date with Jeong-Hui and I wanted to buy a gift for her-," I said.

"-So why am I here? If it's because you need help getting a gift for Jeong-Hui then you're just stupid. You've literally known her longer than I have, you don't need me." Su-Bin spoke to me with a tinge of annoyance.

"But I need someone else's opinion and the other guys don't know Jeong-Hui as much as you do."

"I guess..."

"If you help me, I'll buy you food."

Su-Bin immediately began walking faster, focused, "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

"These are from the new collection," the employee said, "I assure you these will be perfect for your girlfriend." The employee brought a bunch of jewelry from necklaces to earrings. 

"Umm..." Si-Bin said her disgusting face saying everything.

"What about these?" I pointed at a pair of diamond earrings from the collection.

"Uhh..."

"You haven't been saying anything for the past hour!" I loudly whispered.

Su-Bin pulled me from the employee, "Because Jeong-Hui deserves the best of the best, not these cheap looking earrings."

As frustrated as I was about how difficult buying something for Jeong-Hui was, I couldn't talk back because Su-Bin was correct. The jewelry on its own wasn't cheap, on the contrary, but something seemed wrong just giving her jewelry.

"Then what do you suggest?"

"Give her something truly special... has she told you she wanted something?"

"Not really..." I tried thinking but nothing came to mind.

"Come on!" Su-Bin yelled encouragingly, "dig through that head of yours. What is something she'd love for you to give her? It could be as simple as a new pair of shoes or even going to a concert."

"That's it!" I yelled finally thinking of the perfect plan, it would be hard but work it if Jeong-Hui was happy.

"What?" Su-Bin asked.

"She's always wanted me to play the piano for her!"

"That's perfect! So I'll decorate somewhere near a nice restaurant and it'll be really romantic and with a huge piano. You better start getting started on learning a song though."

"Right away!" I said speed walking outside the jewelry store.

"Wait! You didn't buy me food yet!" Su-Bin yelled running behind me.

"Where were you guys?" I growled.

For the past hour, I had been practicing on a piano keyboard that I just bought and I was starving. At the mall, I bought Su-Bin food but I was so hyped on nerves and thinking about what song to sing that I didn't eat anything which I'm now sadly paying for. 

The boys said they were going out so I asked them to buy me some food, but it's been more than an hour and I was starving. So now when they finally did come and with no food, I was pissed.

"We just went to... uhh... the store..." Sanha stuttered.

I glared at Sanha, "If you guys went to the store, why do you have no bags."