ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

❝ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ.

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

"LOKI."

Turning sharply on his heel, the God of Mischief looked to you in surprise. He'd expected you to show up eventually, of course; that wasn't what caught him off guard.

It was the fact that yet another person had been able to sneak up on him.

A short chuckle escaped past his lips. "I really should brush up on my instincts. They seem to be on the decline."

You raised an eyebrow, challenging him, "Or maybe you were just never as good as you thought you were."

"No?" he teased, clasping his hands behind his back as he leisurely paced up and down the cell, "From the sounds of things, it seems to be complete and utter chaos out there. So, dear cousin, maybe I am that good."

"Why are you doing this?" you burst, getting fed up with tip-toeing around the elephant in the room when both of you knew quite well why you'd come down there, "What do you want?"

"I have told-"

"And I don't believe it." Cutting him off, you took a step forward, almost up against the glass. "It's one thing to target a city, or a country, or even the world... but you're coming for me and my friends specifically, and I want to know why."

Loki's smirk grew. "Is it not clear? I must admit, I thought you smarter than this." He stepped up to you and held his hands out, arching his brows as he explained. "Toss a single stone into the water, and the entire lake ripples."

"Except that you haven't just thrown a single stone," you shook your head, "you've practically filled up the lake with them."

"Have I?" He squinted ever so slightly. "Or does it simply appear that way?"

His words made your skin crawl, yet you weren't entirely sure what he meant by them. You frowned as you attempted to make sense of everything.

Then it hit you.

The last few days replayed in your mind in flashes, minor details jumping out at you to form a bigger picture. It was all geared toward making one thing happen, and as of right now, it was.

"Me. You're here for me."

A twisted smile materialised on the face of the god, just barely disappearing as he spoke. "I knew that eventually you would come. That is your downfall, dear cousin; you care too much. It's a slight character flaw, but nothing that cannot be fixed."