ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛs

✧ ✧ ✧

note: this is the penultimate chapter of the book! only one more to go! x

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɪᴛ ʜᴜʀᴛs

❝ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ.

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

             "IT'S BEEN TWO DAYS."

"I know."

"And nothing?"

"Absolutely zilch."

"Well maaayyybe, if you apologized..." a third voice butt into the conversation, and Brendon and Spencer turned to look at its owner – Dallon. The techie was sitting across from the agents, open laptop in front of him. He had spoken while typing and without looking up, but once he felt the penetrative stare of his colleagues, he stopped and slowly raised his head. "Ya know, just a suggestion."

Eye twitching lightly, Brendon creased his brow. "Didn't ask for any, but thanks."

Spencer stifled a laugh as Dallon widened his eyes mockingly and raised his hands in defense, then turned back to his best friend as the techie recommenced his work on the laptop.

"He's right, though," the blue-eyed agent shrugged, raising a coffee mug to his lips and taking a gulp, "An apology is a good way to start."

Rolling his eyes, Brendon let his head fall back as he groaned loudly.

"Mood," Ambrose called out as he walked past the door.

Holding out an open palm, Dallon offered his piece again. "Just go and talk to her. You can't make things any worse than they already are." A beat as the techie thought for a moment, then continued. "Wait, this is you we're talking about; you totally can make things worse. But you should go anyway. And, like... try not to."