ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ғɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ғɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏʀᴛᴀʟ.

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

             THE AVENGERS LOOKED UP, watching as more Leviathans and hundreds of warriors flew through the portal.

"Guys?" Natasha's weary voice brought everyone back to attention.

Turning to face Steve, Tony gave a nod. "Call it, Captain."

Immediately switching into commander mode, Steve started directing the team. "Alright, listen up," he called out, "Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof," he looked up and pointed to the top of a skyscraper a few blocks south, "eyes on everything. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

Clint looked at Tony. "Wanna give me a lift?"

"Right." Iron Man walked over to the assasin and gripped the back of his suit, "Better clench up, Legolas."

The rest of you watched as Iron Man flew Clint up to the top of the building, before flying off, himself.

"(Y/N), Thor! You gotta try and bottleneck that portal, slow 'em down," Steve ordered, then looked at Thor, "You got the lightning – light the bastards up."

Sharing a look with your cousin, you shrugged your shoulders. "I can't fly."

With a small smile, Thor began swinging Mjolnir; he allowed it to speed up before he grabbed you, and the two of you flew into the sky.

The Captain turned to the rest of the team, namely, Brendon and Natasha. "The three of us, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk!"

Hulk turned around to face Steve, who pointed at him.

"Smash!"

Hulk grinned, then leapt off, taking out dozens of warriors that were on the sides of the buildings – grabbing them, smashing them, throwing them. He leapt across the air and slapped a flying craft out of the air.

Up top on the Chrysler building, you and Thor touched down. He summoned lighting, you summoned ice, and both of you sent a torrent of power towards the portal, taking out warriors and Leviathans.

✧✧✧

The bridge, S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier.

Fury stood at his command center, watching the news footage of what was happening in the city. Agent Hill approached him.