Chapter Nineteen :Thought Bubble

Sorry it was such a long wait, my bad.  :(

Unedited (just wanted to post it as soon as possible)

Deku POV 

Once I got to school, I tried my best to act normal and take notes like everyone else but I felt so bad because I keep hurting her feelings, over and over again. I sighed and put my hand on my temple. Ugh . . . I'm just so dumb sometimes. 

~Time Skip~

Uraraka POV

It was lunch time and that meant that I was going to be sitting next to Iida and Deku. But I was really expecting an apology from Deku at least .  . . no, I mean. I guess its just that I'm wondering what is going on? How come he's acting like this . . .

So when I see him, I pull him out of line and back to where no one could see us or spot us. I don't know why thats so important to him to be honest. I mean didn't we tell Mina a long time ago? When I was asking him out anyway? So why is he so much more nervous now to the point he can't look at me?

"What happened?" I asked sadly. 

He looked heartbroken to see me sad, but he knew it was his own doing. "Well . . .Iida told me if we are going to become heroes we need to focus on that and well --you know he just said we have to act "professional" otherwise he would tell the teachers." He explained. "And, I dunno I just don't want the teachers to know." 

"How come?" I asked genuinely. 

"What if there is a no dating rule or something like that?" He asked. "Or maybe they would say that there are some sort of important tests coming up and we shouldn't date .  . . its possible though that we just don't know the rules and maybe . . ." And he was lost in the sea of muttering. 

"Izuku!" I snapped him out of it. "If you really don't wanna tell teachers about it, then I will keep your, or I guess our secret. Okay? Just--" I sighed cutting myself off. This isn't the time to be asking favors from him. Its so important than I should support him, I would want the same if something were important to me. So I suck it up and continue. "Basically what I'm trying to say is, just tell me when your'e ready to come out to everyone and I will be happy to confess. With you." 

"Thank you Ochaco. I appreciate it, a lot." he flashed me once of his smiles that made me blush a little bit. 

"Okay, should we get lunch now?" I asked him. "I'm so hungry!" 

He nodded and I pulled his hand out to follow me, but as soon as we were out of the wall protecting us, he dropped his hand. I nodded, I get it guess. But it still hurts, it almost feels like I'm not good enough. But I shake off the bad thoughts, and grab my lunch. 

Izuku and I sat next to Iida, like we always did. And the whole thing was really awkward because no one was saying anything. Usually Deku would bring up conversation starters, but he just seemed to be in deep thought about something, he was pensive not to be disturbed. So I didn't snap him out of it. 

"So Iida . . ." I started. "How's life?" I asked, not knowing a single other thing to say. 

"Hm?" He looked up from eating and took a few seconds to swallow his food. "It's been great thank you. What about you?" He returned the question. 

"I've been good too . . ." I said, and then it was silent once more. 

~Time Skip~ 

Once lunch was thankfully over, Izuku and I were walking back to the dorms together. Again, he was in this mood . . . I really wonder what he's thinking about. So I just decide to ask. "What cha thinking about?" 

"huh?" He looked up from his daze. 

"What were you thinking about?" I asked again. 

"Oh, uh, nothing really I guess. Just weighing pros and cons of a hero . . . and of the school . . . and certain people . . . wondering which one I should drop." 

My eyebrows lifted, completely confused. "Oh. Okay. Whatever you say." 

"Sorry . . .I'm just being confusing." He apologized. "Anyway, I know you dont feel . . . good when I'm dropping your hand all the time, and I really want to be with you, but theres so much hero work and everything . . ." 

Wait. Is he breaking up with me?! Why so suddenly? Is that why he was thinking about??

"So. . .I think we should--" 

"DON'T SAY IT!!" I cut him off loudly. "You don't have to say it, I know. If thats what you want okay . . ." I said sadly. 

"Go on another date. . .?" Izuku finished his sentence, looking completely confused. 

I looked over confused. "Oh, haha .  . ." You are so dumb Ochaco! Come on! "Yeah Izuku, I would love to come. This Saturday?" I asked. 

"Mhm," He nodded. "We can leave at 11 am, and we should go to park, and maybe we can ride some bikes though the path? If you want? I dunno .  . . I figured you asked me, so I wanted to plan one for you too . . ." His face was red, and I really wanted to hug him in that moment, but I kept my distance. 

"Sure thing Izuku. I would love to come." I smiled. 

"Uraraka!" Someone called my name behind me. Both me and Izuku turned around. 

"Todoroki?" I asked, "What are you doing here? Er no-- I mean . . . did you need something?" 

"I did actually, could I talk to you?" He asked me. 

"To me?" I looked over to Deku and he just was in his thought bubble again, so I agreed. "Sure Todoroki what do you need?"