Chapter Twenty-one :The Thing

Lol like this entire chapter is just 'The Thing' if it were in MHA, so have fun reading lmao. 

Uraraka POV 

I desperately searched for the remote in my room, hoping to look at the news and see if a villain may have caused Kaminari to be in such a weak state. Was he hurt? Or was it something else . .? 

I searched under my blankets, through my drawers but never seemed to find it. "Ugh," I muttered to myself. Just great, Kaminari's life could be on the line and none of us even know what happened! 

"Girl! I was looking everywhere for you!" Mina opened the door and let herself in. "Why'd you leave?" She asked me. She was leaning in the door frame, and in that moment it almost seemed like nothing had happened at all, it was just another normal day where I was going to go out Deku, and it would be fun and happy. I could picture us riding on bikes through the park and . . . But then I remembered that us, as heroes have a responsibility, and as much I as I would want to live a normal teenage life, there was a part of me that didn't want to at all, this was my destiny. 

"I was looking to check the news to see if there is any new villain on the loose." I told her, then looked away still trying to find that stupid remote. "But I can't seem to find my remote anywhere. I put my hands on my head, such a useless girl I am . . .

"Here come over to my room and lets check." She smiled, and I followed quickly. That's what friends were for right? 

Deku POV 

Kaminari was still unconscious, Ochaco was gone, no where to be found, Aizawa was still not here, all very good reasons to panic. I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm myself, its okay, I can do this . . . right? So I left the rest of the class to look after Kaminari while I searched for Ocahco. What was she up to? 

I took the elevator up to her room and took a big deep breath before I knocked. Would it be weird if I knocked? Was it weird that I came all the way up here looking for her? But I was her boyfriend after all . . . what would I even say to her if she answered the door? 'Oh hey Ochaco, great, just wanted to make sure you were okay, looks like you're fine I'll be on my way now!' 

I face palmed myself, this isn't worth the trouble. I walked back over to the elevator and just as my finger was inches away from going back down the main floor, I stopped, got myself together and walked back over to her door. Just knock Deku, you can figure the rest out later. 

So I sucked up my fear and knocked on the door. 

No answer. 

So I knocked again, and this time I also shouted into the room, "Ochaco? Are you in there?" 

Still no answer. 

So I opened the door and it looked like no one was inside. I opened the door all the way, and what I saw was horrific, the bed sheets were on the floor, drawers were open, cloths thrown on the floor, and worst of all, no Ochaco. 

I looked everywhere in her room, but she was no where to be found, and that could only mean one thing. She was taken. That would explain why her room looked so . . . messy. As if someone came in trying to steal something, but the robbery went wrong. But who could have came in . . . sometime in between when she left and now when I'm looking for her. Maybe if I didn't spend twenty minutes trying to open the door . . . well no matter. It can't be changed now. I suppose it would have been fairly simple to sneak in when the entire class was focused on Kaminari. 

I pushed the elevator button to go back down and tell the others what I found, but it took to long, so I rushed over to the stairs and called for everyones attention. "Ochaco! She's missing!" 

Everyone looked over to me, and I blushed from the attention, but I remembered why I was here. "And it looks like her room was searched for . . . valuables or something. I bet someone came in while we were all focused on Kaminari!" 

"Speaking of which . . ." Momo said. "It looks like Mina is missing too." 

(Seriously thought about ending it there, but then I was like welp, I didn't upload for so long so might as well give em some more)

Uraraka POV 

"Alright Mina, lets see what really happened to Kaminari . . ." I said. As soon as I found out, I was on the run to go find that darn villain.

She turned on the tv, switched to the news channel and we watched away. Sure enough it was villain alright. A man on the news held a microphone and looked panicked. "We have a new villain on our hands, and the heroes haven't shown up yet!" He cleared his throat. "But anyway, this new villain's quirk is to make anyone he touches fall asleep, but that is not all folks! If you ask me it looks like he's building an army," 

Mina and I looked at each other, both frightened. 

"If the villain can enclose his targets in a room, or any small chamber and have them all asleep, he can spread a gas that makes those sleepy victims his henchmen! They will attack whoever this villain says. Just to be safe, stay hidden at all times, remember trust no one, because it may sound and look like the person you know and love, but behind that mask, there may be your worst enemy." 

Mina turned off the tv. "That must have been what happened to Kaminari, I just wonder how he got himself wrapped up in a situation like that . . ." She sighed. 

"What does he mean by, 'trust no one'?" I asked. 

"Apparently he must have some sort of hypnotize quirk, so we can't trust people even if we know them, because they could be infected with the quirk." Mina explained. "For now we have each other, we both haven't been asleep nor attacked each other so I think were fine." 

"So you think if Kaminari wakes up . . . he might turn against us?" I asked. "That's pretty terrifying." 

Before Mina could answer me, I heard my name. 

"Mina, do you hear that?" I asked her. "Put your head on the door and listen," I told her. 

We both put our heads on the door. "Ashido! Uraraka!" Was that Kirishima? 

"Ochaco!" I recognized his voice anywhere. It was Deku. He and the whole class were looking for us. I had my hand on the handle and was about to open the door when Mina grabbed my arm. "Do you not remember what the man on the news just said? Trust no one, they could be infected you never know." Mina said. 

"I know, but we just saw them a minute ago." I tried to convince. "There our classmates they would never hurt us . . ." 

"Thats what you think." Mina told me. 

Through the door we heard talking. "They really are missing." 

"Do you think someone took them?" 

"I have no idea." 

I sighed. But Mina looked at me and whispered, "They are just trying to mess with your heads."

"But if they don't know were here why wouldn't they act like the real monsters they supposedly are?" I asked. 

"I guess they know were here." She said under her breath.  

"Lets check Ashido's room." Someone in the group outside said. Mina was right, they know we are here.

Mina grabbed my arm and pulled me into the closet. She put her finger on her mouth to signal me to be quiet and I nodded as I tried to cover up my breathing so it weren't so loud. 

"Her room doesn't look messy at all though . . ." Deku said. 

Mina smiled and winked at me, as if saying, 'of course not, my room is organized. what did you expect?' 

All fun faded away when we heard the knob on her closet turn. Thinking quickly on my feet, I floated both of us up to the celling of the closet room. 

"Not in here either . . . they really must have been taken." Asui said. 

'close one,' Mina mouthed. And for now, we were safe, but only for now . . .