Granger × Claude ~ I wanted to see you again

Granger's banned from Ranked mode and Classic mode for a while so he's bored out of his mind. As a consequence, he ended up here in survival mode, somehow he managed to slip in. Never mind that this is his first attempt in this mode, so he's lost on what to do. Even his teammates were surprised at his presence, he wasn't supposed to be here - but they pressed on regardless. None of them nnotice on how buggy their gameplay was due to them being new heroes and all.

It was quite tragic then, that Granger was the last one standing in his team in survival mode.

With an irritated scowl hidden under his collar, he accepted his inevitable defeat since he lacks the items to do well. It seems he and his team ran out of luck avoiding team fights. Khufra took too many hits so he and Guinevere could retreat, minutes later Guinevere got too arrogant and headed off on her own and lost against Helcurt. It was wise decision on his part to pick up the invisibility spell when he had the chance, there was a heaviness in Granger's heart when he watched his team lose, but there's always another day.

He'll throw when Guinevere is his partner again though.

Now he's traversing the bridge that leads to the Eastern shrine of the southern island, since Khufra claimed that most of the farm inhabits the area. He only has Bloodlust axe, Blade of Despair, and Malefic Roar. The situation would be different if this was a classic or ranked game since those are some of his core items, yet survival mode doesn't give a fuck about helping him with that since all he sees are magic items scattered around like neglected love letters around him. If Guinevere was still with him, that crazy lady would be jumping up and down in joy on how she would destroy everyone.

Suddenly he heard the warning sounds, the safe area was moving again, without hesitation he headed to the nearest bush that was adjacent to the bridge. Khufra advised him to hide in bushes near the pathways to easily ambush the enemy and to scout the area.

However, he happened upon this certain person also doing the same strategy, he cursed himself when his heart thundered in his chest and the blush on his cheeks was extinguished by his sheer will alone before it could fully blossom.

"Claude?" Granger exclaimed, startled, but readied his gun just in case he'll be attacked. It seems both of them suffer the same predicament, no sane team would leave another ally behind when the safe area is moving.

Claude's eyes widened and he comically placed a palm against his chest, but immediately raised his arms in surrender when Granger's gun was aimed at him. Dexter quickly hid behind Claude's head. "Hey you don't need to attack me! I'm not doing anything!"

"You take me for a fool?" Granger didn't falter, the grip on his gun still steady and stilll aimed on Claude's forehead. He also intends to shoot the monkey using Claude's head as a sheild. Two idiots with one bullet, how convenient.

Claude will forgive him, Claude always does when they encounter each other during matches anyways. It's not like the thief doesn't hurt him either just so he could win a match.

"Geez Granger!" Claude cursed then simply gripped the head of Granger's gun and lowered it, underneath that annoyed voice however he is suffering from consternation since Granger would not hesitate to attempt friendly fire. "It's only survival mode! You don't have to take it this seriously!"

"What do you mean?" Granger frowned underneath his collar and relaxed his stance, only a tad. This is Claude he's dealing with right now.

"I mean, it's not ranked mode. Don't be a tryhard you idiot..." Claude slowed his breathing, then looked at Granger carefully with wide eyes, then without delay slapped his hands against his cheeks to snap himself out of of his stupor. "Oh man... You're actually here..."