Claude × Fanny ~ Learning The Basics

Summary: Claude teaches Fanny how to swim, among other things.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"No." Fanny narrowed her eyes. "Claude, I'm not gonna do it with you. " She crossed her arms and turned her head away, her body language spoke of her distrust for her boyfriend. 

Despite how cute she looked when she's pissed, especially in that yellow two piece bikini, Claude knew she was serious. Damn it, why must she be so.... and she's starting to walk away from the pool, not good...

Claude dashed towards her, it's a skill that he didn't slip along the wet floor, barefoot even. He gripped her forearm, she stiffened, so he brushed his thumb on her tense muscles, yet still she didn't face him. She's growing immune to his charms.... really not good...

"Fan! I'm serious this time." Claude assured her, he heard a disbelieving snort from her in reply. Claude sighed, she's not gonna let him pass like before won't she? 

"I promise." Claude added, just as he said, he's serious about this. 

A reluctant sigh, she turned around and took off his hand that was holding her, cherry lips frowned, slender arms akimbo, ocean eyes glared at him. 

"What you did that time was completely unnecessary." She answered him, her irritated voice heavy inside the swimming area. 

She's still not over it? Really? That was days ago, girls and their grudges... 

Even so, her eyes wandered to the pool, there wasn't any fear unlike last time, and Claude saw his chance. This was the first time in days when they had decent conversation after all. 

"Oh come on, It was an accident Fan, you know that." Claude hugged her, she was too irresistible like this, yet she was still unmoving in his embrace. Claude's damp tank top and beach shorts dampened Fanny's dry swimwear, but it didn't look like she minded. "Besides, I opened the pool area just for you, swimming lessons aren't free, you know."

Being a lifeguard in a private resort has its perks, more so if your friend owns the place, and owes you. 

Fanny was hushed, so Claude lowered his arms and gripped her lovely waist, and unable to control himself, he bowed his head and tucked hers under his chin. It's really corny for him to be like this, and Fanny had dubbed him as the corniest boyfriend in the world because of it, but the fact that she softened in his hold was proof that she liked this part of him. 

Claude was smug at her cute actions, his girlfriend can't play hard to get forever. 

"Besides, who would've thought that my graceful girlfriend would sink like a brick in water?" 

"I'll take swimming lessons from Clint if you keep this up." Fanny squirmed in his hold. 

Claude gripped her tighter at that, he ignored her bluff. Clint was the one who introduced Fanny to him after all, and Claude's not gonna let her have her way all the time. 

"I kinda like it, I saved you many, many times when you drown, or when you sprain your legs, or when you get tired from the water. Carrying you in my arms feels really nice." Claude rambled on, then he hesitated to talk more, but there's no harm admitting on why a part of him liked it that she can't swim. 

"I like being your hero." There, he said it.

The tranquil undulations of the pool water occupied the silence, a complete opposite of what happened last time, the incident that caused this puny quarrel, at a public pool, Claude pushed her to the water, drowned her out of fun, except it occurred in the deepest part of the pool, thankfully he saved her in time.