Gusion × Claude ~ Let It Happen

He didn't know how he motivated himself to come to this 'date', but he's here anyway.

Gusion was one step away before he can enter the café, he cradled his wallet safely in his pants. Relieved that he brought his credit card instead. The thick wad of cash would be screaming "steal me" once inside the pocket of his slim jeans. The urge to indulge himself was low since this place doesn't sell his favorite drinks. Why not Macau Imperial Tea? Gong Cha? Or even Coco? Coffeehouses aren't for people going on dates. They're the havens of students studying for exams. Or people leeching off the free wifi.

Gusion arrived here thirty minutes earlier. He tapped his foot, uncaring if it was his Allen Edmonds shoes. He can polish it at home later. He checked his watch again. 2:40 PM. Rolex. It's a spare. Since his Jaeger-LeCoultre one was left tightly secured in his cabinet, it was hidden beneath his dissertation papers and reviewers from last semester. The perfect Claude Repellent.

What else does he have on? A Ralph Lauren overcoat. Wrangler skinny jeans. Calvin Klein v-neck shirt. Then the unnecessary Ray Bean sunglasses. It sealed him off from public view. Aloof. Unaware of the curious eyes that stared at his priceless belongings. He's a walking fashion magazine. It's a miracle he survived 10 minutes of walking in public without being hustled by someone.

Gusion pushed the glass door open and the scent of coffee beans greeted him. A mild form of nostalgia kissed his eyes, he remembered all the times he and the others studied together. He smiled at the memory of them laughing on the table. Or debating on who is absolutely right and why the other one is impeccably wrong. Yet he frowned at the times they begged him to pay the tabs. Free-loaders. Assholes. He sighed. But it's totally fine and socially acceptable if your beloved friends are jerks to you. He knows. He looked around and saw vaguely familiar faces on the tables, yet ignored them all. He glanced at the menu, his eyes scoured the rows of names. He frowned. Claude doesn't even drink coffee, so why here of all places?

He loitered near the counter. He then sat down and glanced at the window. Ferrari. BMW. School Bus. Taxi. Hyundai. Bored now, he tapped his foot repeatedly like on a sewing machine. Impatient. His eyes fixated on the damn door after staring at the cars outside. When will that idiot come in here? Did he even remember he planned this?

Very inconsiderate. Claude will pay. Literally. Gusion will make him pay the monthly condominium rent if he didn't show up.

His conscience slapped him silly. How cruel. How very mean of you. Gusion sighed. He can't even think of revenge against Claude in his thoughts. He's too nice. Unbearably nice, Claude will always say.

"Table for two?"

Gusion turned his head and glanced at the waitress' name tag. 'Layla'.

"Uh...Yeah. Yeah" He promptly nodded. "I'll have..." A millisecond glance at the menu. Then back at her. "Two orders of brown sugar milk tea with 40% sugar level."

An amused giggle and a raised brow. "We don't have that, sir."

There was this small but rising panic bubbling inside him at the wrong order. Does Claude even drink milk tea? He knows Claude doesn't drink coffee. So what the fuck is he supposed to get? "Uhh... Two orders of latte then, both venti size."

Latte. A cure for Hangovers. He remembered Claude bluff. Puked shortly after drinking it in one gulp. And then declared the toilet to be his bestfriend as he hugged it all night and poured vomit over the bowl for more than 3 hours.

"Your name sir?"

"Gusion."

"And your date?" She smiled. Teasing. Gusion hemmed at the unexpected question.