【 05 】

Springfield was a rather peaceful, small town, you could say

Springfield was a rather peaceful, small town, you could say. It was rather rare for anyone in there to break the laws and get in trouble with police officers, since it was mostly elder, innocent people living there, not seeking any harm.

Therefore, it was quite an intriguing sight seeing something what resembled a crime scene in the middle of the night, being investigated by officers around a house, with maybe two to three cars waiting around it, a yellow tape securing the area from curious strangers passing by.

It has been already raining lightly from the dark clouds for quite a while. It seemed as if the two officers, that were standing right next to the secured area, were looking around in search of a someone. But when their eyes landed on a Bentley that has been making its way towards them, they knew they found what they have been looking for.

As the car parked, a young man, most-probably in his twenties, exited the car, locking it with his keys. With his brown long coat, roundy black glasses and red hair parted in the middle, he made his way to the officers, in an almost elegant way.

"There you are, Detective Park. We've been waiting for you." One spoke out, having his arms crossed all the time.

"My apologies, officers," the man retorted politely with a small bow, alongside a small smile on his lips. "Something urgent came up. But now I'm here."
"Guess you are" the other policeman shrugged it off.

"So, what do we have here? A homicide?" Detective Park asked as his eyes wandered to the house next to them, examining it thoroughly.

"No, just a kid that ran away from his parents. Been missing for three to four days now." One of the law-protectors explained as both looked to the house too. "So far we know that he wasn't kidnapped. He left his home by himself through the window, and some further ahead, we lost the DNA trail. We are still patrolling around to find him."

"I see. Any family members in there?"

"Just the mother and the father. They're highly worried, as we can't find him anywhere, at all. Seems like the kid just vanished in air. You're their last hope, Park."

"I've had worse cases than these," the man spoke confidently as he adjusted his glasses, being done with the examination of the house from the  outside. Now it was time to meet the parents. "I should be able to find him. See you later, gentlemen."

With that, he bid the officers goodbye and crouched down a little to pass the yellow tapes, then walked over to the house, taking tiny steps up before knocking on the door thrice.

Soon after, a middle-aged woman opened the door. She had brown, tired, kind of fearful eyes and her black hair was tied up in a messy bun. A confused look was plastered on her face, which immediately softened after the red-haired man introduced himself.