【 08 】

It only took Jimin five minutes until he arrived at the, rather deserted village of Red Hills

It only took Jimin five minutes until he arrived at the, rather deserted village of Red Hills. The old, rusty-looking wooden sign at the road pointing into the direction of the city was half broken, the village including only a few supermarkets, a police station, a post office, a set of schools, a bank and one single bar. Also, at the end of it, there was something resembling an empty, dull kids playground. Overall, the atmosphere was dead.

As detective Jimin parked his Bentley in front of a small police station after spotting it, he stepped out in his longish coat, and first off took a deep breath. Just by simply being there, his stomach approved of the thought that Red Hills was not your typical holiday resort.

Only a minor amount of people were walking along the streets, eyeing the expensive car and stranger. Solely by his arrival, he was going to be the top headline of news and rumours in this dead, boring, yet fearful village. No one ever visited Red Hills. It was strange.

But the only thing Jimin perceived, was that indeed, people seemed scared. Watching with big eyes. He frowned, not paying too much attention to it. After all, he was here because he had a goal.

It took him only two or three steps of the stairs to reach the tiny terrace of the police station. Then, he grabbed the handle and entered, into a room which resembled some sort of a friendly investigation room. Baby blue walls, a light-brown desk with one officer sitting on a leathery-red kind of revolving chair a Boss would have, a large, decorated pin wand for investigations behind him, and last but not least, some lively, well-cared-for looking green plants were accenting the office.

Jimin nodded shortly in approval as his fascinated eyes roamed around the remarkably pretty office. At some point, they landed onto the sitting policeman, who was currently having a phone call. Now, however, he seemed to rush himself to end it. Before Jimin knew it, he did so, putting the phone aside, a smile causing his dimple to peek. "Hello," he said friendlily. "I am officer Kim Namjoon. How may I help you today?"

Politely, the detective bowed a little, smiling back to return the welcoming gesture. "Hello Officer," he said as he allowed to take the single free seat across of him and in front of the desk, at the same time fishing out his work-badget with the police sign on it. "I'm detective Park Jimin," he introduced himself, showing the piece of evidence about his identity before stuffing it back again. "I'm searching for a boy named Jeon Jeongguk." Saying that, he took out a tiny picture the boy's mother gave to him, showing him the young boy.

Namjoon tilted his head as he examined the picture further. After a moment of silence, he shook his head. "Never saw that one before."

"He has disappeared around four days ago. Left by his own and never returned," Jimin explained. "I'd love to let missing posters spread around this small village. He can't be too far away." Of course, Jimin had much more planned. He wanted to ask the people around if they saw Jeongguk, check out the whole village overall, ect. But he needed to start somewhere, at least.