::Prolouge::

I did one last sweep of our house here in Joplin. My heart ached as I ran my fingers over the smooth wallpaper that started to bubble up over the years. My eyes burned as the tears formed and I dropped my hand.

"Olivia it's time!" My mother shouted from the front door. I sniffled and wiped my tears as I briskly walked towards the front door.

I climbed into the u-haul truck that was packed with everything I've known my entire life. I slumped into my seat and my mother put her hand on my knee giving me a soft smile.

"Hawkins won't be that bad Liv," she patted my knee.

"I just don't understand why we have to go," my voice cracked and I hung my head. My blonde hair hanging over my face.

"You'll know soon Hunny." She replied.

I stared out the window in hopes I could sleep the majority of the 8-hour drive. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up we were just crossing the Indiana border and my neck hurt. I stretched as much as I could and cracked my neck. I leaned my head back against the window and sighed. The Hawkins sign finally came into view and my heart felt heavy.

The town seemed gloomy and small, people stared at the u-haul as we drove through town. My dad stopped in front of the grocery store so we could grab something to eat. I opened the door and jumped out pulling my shorts down as much as I could. I wasn't the skinniest girl or the biggest but I still got picked on in Joplin for my bigger thighs and bigger bottom. I sighed and headed inside but as I opened the door a younger redhead girl came rushing out, arms full and ran straight into me. She dropped half of her groceries.

"Come on Max!" A man's voice yelled, he was obviously irritated with her.

"Sorry," she whispered to me.

"You're fine Hunny, let me help you." I quickly grabbed what she dropped and rushed over to the blue Camaro with her. She put what she had in her arms in the back and quickly grabbed what was in my arms. I looked up and saw him. His blue eyes nearly took my breath away.

"What do you say to the lady Max?" He said raising his eyebrows at the young girl.

"Thank you." She said, she looked annoyed by him.

"You're welcome Hunny," I gave her a warm smile and he smirked as I went to turn around. I grew cold and stopped dead in my tracks as it all pieced together. The town morphed into a dark stormy place. The place I'd seen in my dreams and I saw him, that guy standing in front of me. His blue eyes dilated and his veins were black. I snapped myself away from the vision and turned quickly just to see him pulling away and staring at me.

That's why we had to come to Hawkins...