:: Ten ::

After a week of being out of school, I was finally able to return. Billy went home 4 days ago because his Father was getting pissy that he wasn't there to watch Max.

I wore a pair of grey leggings and a baggy shirt that I found amongst the few bits of laundry Billy forgot at my house. I couldn't walk fast by any means as I was still limping from the bruises on my legs.

I didn't want to go to my first class and my stomach knotted up as I walked down the hall. I took a deep breath and slowly made my way into the class. I looked to see we had a substitute teacher today who was lounging with his feet kicked back at Mrs. Brown's desk. I looked back to Billy's seat where Grace was in his lap whispering into his ear and he wore a smirk. He sat slouched back so she could lean on him. Tommy sat in his usual seat and when he saw me I saw his face turn white.

Billy finally looked up at me just before I went to sit I noticed his feet were in my seat.

"Oh sorry," I mumbled turning to walk away but I heard his boots slide out of the chair. I ignored it not wanting to see Grace on his lap but I couldn't help myself and I looked back. Her face wore a confused look as she looked over to Tommy and he shook his head. Billy just stared at me with a blank face as he chewed a piece of gum.

"I moved my feet, sit down Olivia." His voice was stern.

"I am," I replied as I made my way to an empty desk 3 seats up.

The wheels turned in my mind and I felt as if I was going crazy. Grace giving Tommy the look she did made me wonder if she had something to do with it. I didn't know how to tell Billy or even talk about it yet but I had to get out of that classroom. I could feel them staring at me and I wanted to vomit.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked the substitute in an absolute frenzy. He waved his hand dismissively and I got up and bit my cheek through the pain and briskly gimped my way out. I tried to run but it was more like a slow-motion jog as I made way to the bathroom. Just as I closed the door I could hear familiar boots on the tile of the hallway.

I started to hyperventilate knowing I couldn't stop Billy right now and I just didn't have the strength. He pushed open the door and found me mid panic attack. My chest felt heavy and I couldn't slow my breathing down yet. I took the Xanax out of my pocket and took one. Billy just stood there watching me freak out which was different he never did that.

"So I'm just a pimp now?" Billy asked keeping his voice quiet at first. When I didn't answer I could see him getting annoyed. He paced for a moment and stopped.

"SO IM JUST A PIMP NOW?" He yelled at me and I could feel the tears pricking my eyes. I looked at him like a deer in the headlights. I couldn't keep it from him.

"Tommy," I whispered choking on his name. Billy looked at me confused and furrowed his brows.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You went and cleaned Gracie up at the party and set her downstairs and you told her that she better go get her pimp as you referred to me." He seethed and I choked on a sob I didn't know what else to say. My body was frozen and locked in the position in which I stood.

"Tommy," I said a little louder and suddenly there was a click. Billy's cheeks grew hot and red as he looked me in the eyes.

"Tommy?" He questioned me to make sure.

"Yes," I blinked as I looked down letting the tears streak down my cheeks. Billy with one swift swing turned and punched the door, denting it just above the middle.

He then lunged forward and gently pulled me into his arms. He held me as tight as he could without hurting me and I could feel his heart pounding in his chest.

"I'm gonna kill him," Billy whispered into my hair.

"No," I whispered in reply. Billy pulled back and looked into my eyes with immense confusion.

"If you care about me you won't. I don't want you to go to jail." I hugged him tighter and he sighed. I knew he was cringing as he tried to fight all of his internal instincts.

But I loved him and I didn't want to lose him. I knew once I was better I could take care of it.