Chapter One

Hallie perched on the couch with her laptop in her lap smirking down at the screen. As always she looked Instagram worthy like some photoshopped image brought to life with her well decorate luxury apartment in the background even though she wasn't wearing a stitch of makeup. I envied my best friend, everything came so easy to her. Fame, wealth, and a horde of hot guys at her beck and call. However as much as I liked hanging out with my best friend and getting paid for it, working as Hallie's assistant was starting to beyond wear on me.

I'd lived in her shadow for most of my life. She was the perfect exotic looking blonde a picture-perfect mix of Swedish, Korean, and Ethiopian she looked dramatic with her blonde hair, large almond shaped blue eyes, plump lips and deep tan skin.

She bit her bottom lip and giggled, pulling her satin robe tighter around her.

"What are you doing over there?" I glanced back at her.

"Doing you a favor," she purred in a sing-song voice. Oh, I did not care for that tone one bit.

"Is this the kind of favor that ends with me dancing topless on a table with you at a frat party?"

"Not quite. You know that site I use sometimes when endorsements get low?"

Oh, no. She didn't! She couldn't! I dashed over to her side and found she had in fact made a profile for me on some sugar baby website and filled it with pictures of me at the beach in the Bahamas after graduation spilling out of my borrowed bikini. She did.

"No one's going to send me a message." I swallowed and shook my head. "All you did is waste your time."

She shrugged. "Look. I know you want to get out. I'm not blind you're glued to your phone looking at that apartment finding app every spare hour you have." Sitting up straighter she pulled her perfect beachy waves over her shoulder. "This is just going to give you the cash to do that sooner rather than later."

"Except for that part where I'm not you, and some guy in Seattle isn't going to pay me seven grand just to have dinner. They're going to want... you know what they're going to want." I shook my head.

"You don't have to say yes if you don't like them. That's how it works. These are just guys who have a lot of money and don't want the in between." She shrugged like it was nothing and passed her laptop over to me. "I'm going to bed. Look around on the site, who knows you might find a guy you like."

"Yeah, because I'm going to find the man of my dreams on a sugar baby site?" I rolled my eyes as she slipped from the couch and set the laptop on the coffee table. She had to have lost her mind, or maybe she'd had more than her one nightly glass of Moscato. Taking her spot on the couch I sighed and started channel surfing.

Bloop. Furrowing my brows, I turned to the laptop, the source of the strangely frightening noise. Chewing my bottom lip I swallowed. I needed to get out of the luxury apartment and put some space between Hallie and myself. It wouldn't hurt to check, right? With a soft breath I tilted the screen toward me and looked at the little message in the middle of the browser. USER982 WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT. I clicked on the box and was treated to their profile. The face wasn't shown, but the guy was well built—if it was him in the photos.

MAN OF MEANS LOOKING TO KEEP A SUGAR BABY—NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

Keep? Am I some kind of pet now?

Wealthy, well-built, and well-endowed looking for a month-long arrangement with openminded, attractive, and submissive sugar baby.

Submissive? I bit my bottom lip, recalling all I knew of that word. His funds were marked as verified with so many dollar signs I lost count. My hands shook, there wasn't much on the site about what he wanted. It was vague but from the addition of the word submissive I could only guess. Drawing a shaky breath I opened the message box, sending a message wouldn't be too bad, could it? It was just like dinners and stuff, or at least that was all Hallie did.