Chapter Six

The next day I stood in a conference room inside the greenhouse with several of my paintings set up on easels. There was a long conference table in front of me with chairs behind only one side and little name tags in front of them. My whole body vibrated with shot nerves as the doors opened and the board of the greenhouse restoration committee walked in. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I opened them and looked at the people before me. Right in the middle of the table was none other than my once mystery billionaire. The name tag in front of him read DAMON CHASE in benign italic serif font.

The board members looked over my work and smiled at me and I was damn near ready to throw up in my mouth—I hadn't even said a word yet. Shivering I wet my lips and attempted to stand up straighter.

"I..." my voice cracked. "Uhh, good morning, I'm Marie St.Christi and I love the botanical gardens. My whole life they've been a staple for me, whenever I need inspiration or a little pick me up I like to walk through the exotic flowers green house and just look at the colors and shapes of the various plants." I sound like a fucking moron.

"Is this an example of the work you'd be exhibiting?" An older brunette with piercing blue eyes asked.

"Y-yes, I've done several just like these five but of different flowers and trees."

"It says here you do abstract realism, why haven't you brought any here?" Damon asked leaning forward. The scrutiny of his gaze made my whole body break out in gooseflesh.

"I... I uhh..." I couldn't look at him and respond, shutting my eyes for a moment and taking a breath to compose myself I sighed. "My idea was to capture the essence of the true to life watercolors that ladies used to paint in their gardens around the time this greenhouse was built."

"Are you sure given the current social climate that we should want to showcase that sort of patrician inaccessibility?" the brunette spoke furrowing her brows at me and it all went down hill from there.

By the end I was nearly in tears as the board members summarily dismissed me and I packed up my canvases and fought back the burning sensation in my eyes. I wanted to do nothing more than crawl into the deepest darkest hole I could find and just stay there.

"Fuck my life," I whispered to what I thought was an empty conference room as my easel fell over and one of the legs went through the canvas.

"It's not that bad."

Whipping around I was greeted to the sight of Damon leaning against the doorframe. Shaking my head, I went back to packing up.

"You were there, it kind of is." Chewing on my bottom lip I sighed and looked around. "I mean... seriously. For this week to get any worse I think I'll have to spontaneously combust." Swallowing I grabbed my things. "That being said, how's Lola?" I beamed at him as I stepped passed and he smirked.

"You're better than that." He scoffed, eyes sweeping over me.

I snorted. "Clearly I'm not." With a quick glance over my shoulder I started weaving my way about through the building. He followed me to the elevator and reaching around me hit the button.

"I'll talk to the committee, but I want you to bring your work. Not what you think we want. They are looking for edgy and sexy. We're trying to draw people in not trying to remind them of why we equate flowers with grandmothers."

The doors opened and we stepped on together and he hit the button for the ground floor. It was smaller than the other one and I got hits of his cologne and the spicy scent made me a little lightheaded. His suit was a navy so dark it almost looked black, the tie was black and had a pattern on it in black that I had to tilt my head to make out. The slight blue hue brought out his eyes but somehow made them seem colder.

Fingers brushed my inner thigh and slid up under my skirt, but he'd make no sound as he discovered my wetness unobstructed by panties of any sort. Stepping closer he worked that finger into me, making my body flush as I arched against him.

"Be a good girl and come for Daddy," he whispered huskily against my ear, each word dripping with scorching lust.

Ding. The elevator doors opened and I gasped, my wetness undeniable as I pressed my thighs together holding my portfolio in front of me. No, I wasn't wearing panties under my skirt and I was all too aware that if I bent over wrong I'd flash everything. I thought the rush would give me confidence. Boy was I wrong!

Damon placed his hand at the small of my back to urge me forward, I moved his hand away and stepped from him putting a good foot between us.

"It was lovely to see you again, Ms. St.Christi." He held out his hand and I stared down at it before shaking his hand. He had a nice firm handshake, the kind that screamed this was a man who got what he wanted.

"You too, Mr. Chase."

He stepped closer, "We'll talk tonight," he dropped his voice to a low whisper. "And discuss exactly what I wanted to do to you the moment I noticed you weren't wearing panties under that tiny little skirt."

I blushed hard and looked around, my heart pounding as I bit my lip. My nipples hardened, throbbing against my blouse and the thin lace of my bra that did nothing to hold them back. I swallowed pulling my dove grey blazer closed hoping to hide it from him, but a quick glance up proved that he saw as his eyes met mine. Reality was so much better than fantasy, that sexy smolder made me bite my bottom lip as I stared up at him. Fighting against instinct and desire I took a step closer, nearly pressing the line of my body to his.

"For that to happen I'd need to answer my phone," I grinned up at him before taking a step away back out into the fall chill, all too aware of the weight of that blue gaze on me.

Later that afternoon I stood in my tiny room at Hallie's still in my blouse and skirt from earlier, the heels and blazer I ditched the moment I got through the door—which earned me the house keeper's glare. I packed up the watercolors I did and set them in the box with my other canvases. My mind kept going back to what Damon said about them wanting something edgier and sexier... like the apartment he wants to keep me in.

Shaking my head, I collapsed back on the bed and my mind continued its downward trend and I ended up thinking about Damon and what he did with Lola after I left yesterday. Pressing my knees together as I envisioned him pushing her back over a leather couch and fucking her hard from behind with hand in her hair pulling her neck back as he growled against her throat. It didn't take long for Lola to turn into me and my hands to grab my breasts, pinching and rolling my nipples as I let out a soft little moan.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. My eyes shot open and I glared at my phone on the edge of the nightstand. It was that number again—Damon. I reached over and tapped the button to send him to voicemail. My mind wasn't made up, as evidenced by my fantasizing about him. I just didn't know if I could be happy in that situation. At the same time, my stomach twisted with the need to call him back and apologize. Shaking my head, I sighed staring up at the ceiling.

There was no way to put him out of my mind, determined to try I stood and stripped out of my interview clothes, took off my bra and pulled on an oversized button down it was a men's 6X. The fabric was loose and even buttoned up just barely stayed on my shoulders—not to mention came down passed my knees. I went back to packing my room.

Knock. Knock. I opened the door expecting to find Hallie with some sort of peace offering, instead Damon stood there dressed like he was earlier with that sexy smolder fixed on me.

Oh my god.