XXXIX.) helpless melodies

Your pov
The next day, I woke up a bit earlier than usual because of the excitement I've been feeling last night. I jolted up to sit on the bed not aware that my girlfriend awoke at my sudden movement.

"Hmmm, what time is it?" She groaned while keeping her eyes closed

"It's still early baby. Go back to sleep." I cooed her while planting a soft kiss on her temple.

She shifted her body so now she's laying flatly on her back.

"I'm not feeling well today. Can you look out after the company today? Just for today please." She said while rubbing my arm

"Why? Do you have a fever? What do you need?" I asked while placing my palm onto her forehead to check if her temperature is hot

"No, it's just, I'm too lazy baby." She chuckled while smiling at me

"Aish, you got me worried. It's okay, stay here until I get home. Text me if you need something." I pecked her lips and headed into the kitchen to cook breakfast.

--

"Stop! we're gonna fall!" Seulgi squeaked as I carried her out of the bedroom bridal style.

"Hold on tight, you're going to be just fine." I chuckled at her as she planted kisses all over my cheeks

I placed her onto the chair as I sat down across from her to start our morning meal.

--

"Did I forget anything?" I asked my girlfriend as I checked myself in the mirror one more time.

"Baby you're fine. Why do you look so tensed?" She chuckled as she crossed her arms

tensed? more like excited...alright and also tensed

"I'm not. It's just that I don't have a background about handling a company this big." I said to her while I wrapped my arms to her waist and gave her a kiss

"You're going to be just fine baby, now go, you don't want to be late." She gave me a passionate kiss and with that I rushed out to the door and hopped into my car and headed to the company.

//

I greeted all the staff members that I would encounter on my way to the office.

I opened the door and there I saw the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on; Park Chaeyoung

She has her earphones on as she's sat on the sofa while looking down at the paper above her lap, probably reviewing her song; unaware of the fact that I'm here because she's humming the tunes out to herself.

She looks even more dainty when she's unaware of her surroundings, when she's not even trying to be beautiful. She never fails to take my breath away.

I silently shut the door and coughed the lump that formed inside my throat as I placed my bag ontop of the desk and that's when I saw her in my peripheral view that she remove her earphones and looked at me.

"Oh h-hi, I didn't know you...you were coming." She stammered while fiddling her hands out

"Yeah I-, Seulgi couldn't come for today, she's feeling a bit sick. So she assigned me to look after yo- the company." Fuck why am I stuttering?

I saw a faint smirk plastered onto her face before disappearing quicker than it appeared.

She told me about her projects that needed to be fixed and needed to be polished. She kept it very professional which made it contagious for me considering I notice I was also acting a bit professional for my liking.