S2 Ep1: Maybe, There are still good guys in this world after all

(Zach pov)

*flashback* [Hannah's voice & thoughts through the letter]  {Zach}

*present*

[Zach, I wrote you a letter. I poured my heart out, opening up about personal things. I hadn't had the courage to confess to anyone, How hard life was getting. How lonely I felt.

I keep to myself mostly. I don't always tell people things. I'm not good with...

"Zach?" My mom called, which intrude me reading the rest of Hannah's letter.

[...Like, drama.

Instead of answering, I just got all the belonging that includes my phone, charger, my car keys, and the letter then quickly head out the room to the door.

"Zach, W--" She gets cut off by the door slam and tried to see what's wrong but I immediately drove away and head to the hospital to see Hannah.

*at the hospital*

Once I got to the hospital, I checked myself and told them that I'm here visiting  girlfriend named Hannah.

"Oh okay, She's in room 5, upstairs."

"Thanks." I said before rushing to the elevator and then pushed the 'up' button and once it reached level '5', I quickly head out and looked to find room '536'.

"Aha, there it is." I said to myself before knocking at the door for the nurse to let me in.

"Hello, but who are you--"

"Oh, My name's Zack Dempsey, I'm close friend of Hannah's."

"Okay, you could stay as long as you wants but the visiting hours ends at 7."

"Uh, actually, I'm not staying here for long."

"Okay, So you'll be coming back then?" She asked as I nodded my head before she left us alone in the room.

"Hey. Hannah. I know you can't hear me but if you can, I just want to let you know that I'm sorry, I'm sorry if you thought I was ashamed of you, cause I'm didn't mean to make you feel that at all, okay. I wasn't lying when I said I like you more for so much more than "a girl with a great ass" or that you were the valentine I was hoping for..I meant it, I swear. But, I guess I should've told you when the time was right...you know when you calmed down after the humil— Marcus di..oh my gosh, I'm really, being hypocrite right now!..I'm genuinely sorry for that hot list B.S. maybe.. I d—I'm sorry!! I'm really so not good with words when it comes with talking to pretty girls..L-LLike you! For instance!" I spoke, sitting on a chair next to her bed while thinking whether if I should put my hands in hers or not.

Ahhh..Come on, Zach..Just breathe..Don't be a f***** coward...and just say it..damnit!..just tell her..why.. I mentally cussed myself as I began to breathe in and out before I could blurt out the words.

"Hannah, I don't know what if you knew about what happened to Jessica last year..Sh—..um..y-yy—" I paused for a bit to think of what to say.

"WW-What happened to Jessica, I— the fact is that bas— Bryce being there, I-I didn't want the same thing with Jess happens to you i—" I paused before continuing. "you know, I don't wanna have that image in either of our minds." I admit.

"I know you think it sounds cowardly or f***ed up in all, but it's the truth..and I also wanna sincerely apologize for publicly humiliating you last year at the school." I added.

"Hannah, I know I've done so pretty f***ed up s*** last year I'm not really proud of like being friends with those bad, jerk-faced popular peoples like Bryce, Marcus from baseball team except Jeff or Justin of course for being 1. But, the main thing I regret and still do til this day was..being an a***hole to you..like shaming you, I didn't intentionally mean it at all, I j-just felt hurt that I got rejected by one of the most beautiful girl with a beautiful eyes and pretty smile in the school that I really really liked but I guess you thought I was maybe just playing with your feelings and didn't believe my intentions which was 100% complete opposite. But, still it was messed up and petty for me to do that especially when I have stolen your notes which were cries for help when you didn't deserved those all insults being thrown at you at all but yet, I done nothing about it. That summer we spent the majority together has been the best happiest and unforgettable and beautiful moments I've ever had since m-mmy dad passed, and when I agreed with you to end things, I was lying to both you and to myself, I never really wanted to end things and I know you didn't either, believe me." I paused, trying not to tears come out.