S2 Ep3: The Missing Pages & It's Not Pretty

(Alex pov)
Zach was driving us to Justin's house since Clay needed someone to babysit Justin.

"Okay, How about I babysit Justin, I mean, I wouldn't really mind at all." I offered.

"What, why?" He asked.

"Well, Zach, I want a day off and I might as well just spend it babysitting Justin. So, Why not?" I said as he just stare at me for a minute, shaking his head then focus back on the road as the light turns green.

"Are you sure?" He asked, driving in the direction that'll take us away from school and towards Clay's.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Okay. So, what happened yesterday?"

"He choke."

"In his own puke?" He asked as I nodded.

"Ah, Ew! That's so f***** disgusting." Zach comment, in disgust.

"Yeah, well that's true. But, I thought rather watch him throw up than die." I pointed out.

"You're right, It could've been worse if you weren't there." He agrees, nodding.

"It was really bad." I pointed out as he gave me a 'you know what I mean' look but I didn't response and instead looked to my window, thinking about the last time how he looked lifeless lying on his bed

The whole car ride to Clay's was silence and when we get to his house, Zach turned and asked "Are you sure?" when pulling a stop and I just nod.

Zach got out the car and ran around to opened my door when I already did it myself.

"Thank you, Zach. But, I can open the door myself."

"Yeah, My bad. But where's the fun in that?" He joked, cheerfully which I rolled my eyes and wobble to the door where Clay was standing at.

"Hey guys, come on in." Clay greet, letting us in and as we walked to his room, my heart started beating as I remembered the last I stepped on the same steps yesterday, trying to look for Clay and instead finding Justin...looking like he's gonna die.

"But he's fine now, thanks to you." I remind myself but I didn't believe that thought at one bit, "what if he does it again" I thought, thinking about when I found him lying on his bed with a needle in his arm. F***, Seeing he there passed out on that bed, I couldn't help but think how I felt useless trying to save him, how he was choking nonstop, how he just stood laying there lifeless, how I thought he was gonna die when he didn't respond when I yelled out Justin name or shake him to wake him up.. HH--How I thought the worst and was scare to death thinking Justin's going to die and that it'll be my fault. Man, despite that he's a d*** and an a**hole, that night with Justin before when he came to stay at my place wa--was actually ni--..

"Hey, Alex. Are you gonna come in?"

"Huh, What?"

"Alex, Are you okay?"

"Y--Yeah."

"Is he sleeping?" Zach asks curiously.

Clay shrugs and nudges Justin's legs with his foot, "Justin."

Justin makes a noise between a whine and a groan which made me wanted to smile.

"Hey, dude. You okay?" Zach hesitantly says, while raising a brow as Justin's eyes slowly opens, still going his blankets in him.

"Never better." He replies,  pulling the blanket tighter around himself while giving us a wry smile.

Hmm, He has a cute smile.