Chapter 17: Accident

Angel's POV:

"Marcus what do you think of this?" I asked, holding up a tank top. He looked at me and frowned. "My baby is not wearing that." He said. "Oh come on. Keisha would LOVE this." I said, looking at the shirt. "Yeah and all the guys would LOVE staring at her tits." He said. I glared at him. "What, you mad you'll some competition?" I asked, playfully. He mocked me. We were out and about talking while Keisha and Lucky was at my parent's house. It was a nice house. Keisha wanted Lucky to vouch for Marcus so Dad wouldn't be so hard on him. Then again, I don't know no Dad who isn't protective over his daughter. I looked at Marcus. He did look a bit upset. "Marcus what's up?" I asked, curiously.

He looked at me. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Your not your usual happy, joking self." I said. He sighed. "Yeah something has been bothering me." He said. "What is it?" I asked. He looked at something behind me. I turned around but didn't see anyone I knew. "What's wrong?" I asked. He shook his head. "Nothing. Come on." He said, as he pulled me out the store. We went down the escalator and over to the door. "Hold on. I gotta pee." I said, as I went to the bathroom. I looked under the stalls and found one empty. I did my business and came out. I paused when I heard angry muttering on the other side. "Elizabeth you have no right to talking about her. You don't know her." Marcus said. Who is he talking to? "Lucky chose her, not you bitch." He said.

"Fine Marcus. Be like that. I hope something bad happens to you and that bitch." Said a voice. Then I heard footsteps leaving. I walked out and looked around for Marcus. I saw him by the doors, looking pissed. "Hey what happened?" I asked, walking up to him. "Hmm? What are you talking about?" He asked. "There was someone here. You were just arguing with them." I said. "Oh. Yeah. Um, don't worry about it." He said. "Marcus bro, talk to me. We're friends aren't we?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah Angel." He said. "Then who was that?" I asked. He sighed. "An old enemy whose back in town." He said. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked. He shook his head. "Come on. I'm hungry." He said. We walked out the mall and over to the parking lot.

Marcus started the car and drove off. I glanced at him time to time. He's really been changing a lot lately since Keisha cheated on him. He's unsure of people right now. It's understandable he's not as trusting as he used to be. "Oh look. There's McDonald's. We could eat there." Marcus said. "Okay." I said. Then I gasped. My vision blurred and I saw nothing but white. "Angel?" Marcus called. He called out to me. His voice grew further and further away. Then I saw it. Me and Marcus crashing into another car. The car flipped over and into a building. Marcus covering me with his body, protecting me. I looked down at him and he was a bloody mess. "ANGEL!!!" Marcus screamed. Then I snapped out of it.

I gasped. "Marcus, stop the car." I said. "What? Why?" Be asked. "We're gonna get into an accident." I said. "What? Angel I never been in an accident before." He said. "Marcus please just stop the car." I said. "Okay." He said. He pressed on the brakes but nothing happened. He did it again and nothing happened. "What the fuck? What the hell is wrong with my brakes yo?!" Marcus said. "Marcus!! Car!!" I cried. He looked up and tried to swerve the car but it was too late. We slammed into the car and the car flipped over and over. I screamed out in pain. Marcus undid his seatbelt and covered me with his body. The car flipped and flipped before halting. It crashed into the side of a building.

I laid there still, not sure of what to do. Pain shot through my body, stinging my right arm and leg. I felt pain in my back. I looked up. "Marcus? Marcus? Please tell me your okay." I said. I looked over at him. He was motionless. His eyes closed. His clothes bloody from the accident. I screamed. "MARCUS?! Marcus get up!!!" I yelled. I crawled over to him. Some people helped moved the car off of us. They pulled me and him out. "Someone call 911!!" Someone yelled. I crawled over to Marcus and held his head. "Marcus please wake up!!" I cried. I pulled out my phone and called Keisha. "Aye yo Angel. What's up?" She asked. "Keisha we have a problem." I said. I began to explain the situation but I was talking too fast.