Chapter 22: Moving

Lucky's POV:

"Lucky are you sure about this?" Mom asked, as she watched me look at my laptop. I was searching for a house for me and Angel live in now that I know she's pregnant. It time for me is both to settle down with one another. "Yes Mom. I'm not a baby anymore. I love you to death but I don't need you to take care of me anymore." I said, not looking at her. "But sweeties it's such a big step though." She said. "Alicia stop." I said. Mom sniffed. I looked at her. She had tears in her eyes. "See? This is why I wanted to have more kids." She said. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I walked out the room and down the hall. I looked in another room that had some of my stuff I couldn't fit in my room. I came back and heard Dad talking to Mom. "Honey this is good." He said. "I don't want my baby to leave." Mom said.

"He's an adult. He's a man now. He's not a baby anymore." He said. "He is to me." She said. "Honey, he's going off on his own. Ya know, kids are supposed to leave you. It means you did a job raising them. He's growing up. He's taking responsibility. He's gonna be there for Angel. He wants to do right by her. He's gonna take care of Angel and his kid. And to do that, a house is the first step." Dad said. "I don't care Dylan. I don't want Lucky to leave." Mom said. I loved my Mom to death but I wished she stop treating me like a baby. I walked in the room. "Mom, I'll be fine. I'll come visit you guys." I said. Mom broke down. I hugged her. "Besides, I'm not leaving right now. I gotta find a house first." I said.

"Find a house for what?" Asked a voice. We turned to see Elizabeth standing in the doorway. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "You didn't answer my question." I said. "You didn't answer mine." She said, crossing her arms. "Girl, you in my house. You answer my questions." I said. She glared at me. "I'm here cause I wanna talk to you." She said. She walked over to me. "Now answer my question." She said. "Yeah I don't have to." I said. "Elizabeth get out of my house." Mom said. "Oh Alicia. I thought-" Elizabeth was cut off my Mom slapping her. "I said to fucking call me Mrs. Carter." She said. "If you ever put your hands on me again-" I cut Elizabeth off. "You'll do what exactly?" I asked, getting in her face. She glared at me.

"Alright let's all calm down." Dad said, getting between us. Elizabeth walked past us and over to my bed. She grabbed my laptop and looked at the screen. "Don't touch my stuff." I said, reaching for the laptop. She turned away. "Your searching for a house? For what?" She asked. Then she gasped. "Your looking for a house for us?!" She asked, excitedly. "Bitch what fantasy world are living in?" Mom asked, angrily. "Bitch?!" Elizabeth asked. She stood. I got defensive and stood between them. Then we heard a knock on the door. We turned and seen Marcus standing at the door. "Everything all right in here?" He asked. "Yeah Marcus. It's...all good." Dad said.

Marcus came over to me. "No need to lie Dylan. I heard everything. I can practically feel the tension." He said. "What are you doing here?" Elizabeth asked. "I could ask you the same thing." Marcus said. I put my arm up and held him back. "He's my guest. I invited him over. Something I didn't do with you." I said. Elizabeth smirked. "Oh well. I'm here." She said. "Why though?" Marcus asked. She got in her face. I got between them. "Don't walk you on him like that." I said. "Alright let's cool it." Dad said. He moved the three of us away from Elizabeth. "Lucky, why are you looking for a house?" Elizabeth asked. "To get away from you." I said. She scoffed. "Good luck." She said, then left. Mom growled. "God I can't stand that bitch." She said. Her and Dad left.

Marcus and I sat down. "Okay. Since I never said this when I came back a couple days ago, congratulations to you and Angel." He said. "Thanks man. Your gonna be an Uncle. Or godfather." I said. "I'm good with either." He said. "So when am I gonna be an uncle or godfather?" I asked. He smiled. "Soon." He said. Then we heard a noise. We paused. No way Elizabeth was still around. I got up silently and opened the door. It was just Dad. He looked at me. "What?" He asked. "Was that you?" I asked. "Was what me?" He asked. Then I heard the same noise. He was moving the vacuum cleaner. I sighed in relief. "Never mind." I said and closed the door. "It was just my Dad." I said. I sat back down. Marcus was looking at the laptop.