Swords

Unbeknownst to others. Aziraphale can be quite frightening. He's smart and clever and he's skilled In swordplay.

When first gifted his flaming sword he was told and taught how to fight and defend with it. He knew to respect his sword and to use the flaming thing as an extension of his arm.

Crowley of course has never seen his sword work, since in the garden he had given the blasted thing away before they ever properly met.
It wasn't until 1625 that Crowley realized the man was a force to be reckoned with.

They were in France.
Crowley for a small temptation, something to do with a queen and an affair across the seas or whatsoever, which he had just finished. Making his way across the gigantic gardens towards his horse waiting patiently in the stables.
Till he heard the clanging of Metal off to his left.
He wandered towards the noise, one clang after the other. Till he found two men dueling in the rounded arena. Jumping on detailed concrete benches and shifting gracefully across cream paved rocks. In the middle of their duel was a white metal gazebo. Clearly just for decor, since the top provided no such shade.

He examined the men. One looking strikingly familiar, but was moving too fast for him to really focus on the features.  They were both wearing a uniform, something light to signify their roles and a big hat with a painfully annoying feather. But underneath flouncy white shirts with big sleeves. And thin dark pants, looking to be out of leather or animal skin. And some dark brown gloves and dark brown boots, a big flap over the top, to finish it off.

' Musketeers' Crowley thought. 'Great'.

Rolling his eyes he walked up for a closer view, only to see the blonde curl his sword around his opponent and send it flying out of his hand. And with one swift swipe of his rapier, the opponent was on the ground, unarmed.

A few seconds later the champion had retrieved the sword that laid barren in the rocks. And helped up the musketeer on the ground.

"Good duel sir!" The man exclaimed taking back his own rapier and hooking it into his belt.

Crowley made sure to hide near the shrubbery as to not be seen by the two.

"You did marvelous my dear, for a minute there I really thought you would win."

Crowley recognized that voice as if it were his own.
Aziraphale

The two continued to talk till the loser of the duel had to depart. Leaving the blonde all alone in the courtyard.

"Who knew you could duel that well, Angel." Crowley stepped from the shadows a smirk on his face. Aziraphale immediately jumped, sifting the rocks as he pivoted to face the demon.

"Crowley!" He squeaked out, quickly taking off his horrid hat with the tragic feather. Seeming to be hiding himself away.
"What a surprise my dear." He forced a smile, obviously very nervous and very self conscious.

"A musketeer eh?"

"Yes."

"A little stuffy don't you think?"

"Vaguely."

"Mmm, kinda corrupt too."

"Well.... Yes, a few of them use it to their advantage."

"You?"

Aziraphale looked shocked at what Crowley had just questioned. He stuttered fit a few seconds, his face red as scattered words came out.
"Absolutely not! An angel of god would -nckfl- NEVER! How! Ghkh! How dare you even a-a-a assume that I would-!"

"Ah- don't get your horrid pants in a twist. I was only fooling around angel."

The angel grumbled something obscene under his breath making sure the demon did not hear it.

"Swordplay though, you probably love it. Considering you had a sword."

The angels face slowly crept into a smile.
"I really do. And I'm retaining quite the muscle memory from it."

Crowley smiled back watching Aziraphale twist it in his hands.

He noticed the intricate details among the silver handle.
Angels
Of course he would.

"Would you care for a match?" Crowley asked already summoning up a dark rapier of his own.

Aziraphale set up his sword getting into a fighting stance his eyes twinkling in mischief.
"You may as well be prepared to lose."
Aziraphale smiled bringing down the first blow.
...
Their swords had been clanging for too long now. Both very well matched. (Mostly Crowley striking his sword then snapping his fingers taking him to a new location around the gardens) Aziraphale was very easily becoming cross.
It was when Crowley yelped again, snapping his fingers to take him to a safe place. Aziraphale threw down his sword. His face red with anger. Crowley was behind a tree nearby snickering to himself, hearing Aziraphale yell out obscenities. (Something an Angel never should do, but it was done righteously with good intent...Or that's what he would say later.)

It wasn't until the angel became very quiet that Crowley began to fear for his life.

A sword came shooting out of nowhere. Brushing right across the demons cheekbone. Not touching him, but close enough to frighten him. Another came shooting on the other side. Trapping him against the tree.

"Crowley!" Aziraphale walked towards him an angered look on his face.

"You were cheating!" Aziraphale pointing his finger tapped him harshly on the chest.

Crowley of course tried to remain calm but the pulsing adrenaline from swords nearly discorperating him and the closeness of the angel made him a panicked thing.

"Cheating is what demons doooo!!" He counteracted trying to push if the tree, but badly failing.

The two bickered on the rest of the duel inter Aziraphale came up triumphant.

They shook in a agreement,  and no matter what the demon said Aziraphale was the winner.

A bright smile burst from Aziraphale.
"Oh how I missed you friend!"

His did something Crowley never would forget.
Neither of them ever really touched. The fear of exploding and all.

But he pulled him forward and hugged him.

Crowley liked that hug

Maybe he should sword fight more often, especially with an angel.